Chapter 6: Rafe

'Thank you students for taking time out of your busy schedules to be here.' Principle Hartley - mom - says.

'First and foremost I would like to introduce our foreign exchange students for this year.' She says. 'Once I read out your name please come to the stage.'

'Adam Minton for figure skating has come all the way from Spain!' She announces. A tan brunette with curly hair walks on the stage and stands next to the principal.

'Anya Citen for swimming has come all the way from Russia.' Archer cheers and claps for her. Anya's deep red hair is seen through the crowd as she approaches the stage.

Beatrix Reid for horse riding, all the way from Ireland!' A bunch of people clap for her as a tall black haired girl with fair skin walks to the stage.

'Giselle Romean for figure skating.' Mom announces. 'She's come all the way from London, I'm sure some of your remember seeing her mini contests streamed at her last school.'

I remember one contest was streamed here sometime last year, I wasn't paying any attention to it.

Archer wolf whistles and cheers when he sees Giselle walk up to the stage. Her cheeks flush a little bit and I glare at Archer.

'Just supporting our girl.' He shrugs.

'She's not our girl.' I reply.

'She is, I've adopted her into our friendship group.' Archer smiles.

'What friendship group? I raise an eyebrow.

'Me, you, Giselle and Anya.' He replies.

Before I can say something Principal Hartley starts talking again.

'Tyler Clarke for ice hockey all the way from Canada.' She announces.

Tyler - a muscular dark skinned guy with brown eyes and curly hair- walks up to the stage. Giselle looks his way and gives him a small smile. He stands next to her and smiles. His eyes linger on her as she looks away.

'Let's give them a warm VITAL academy welcome!' Principal exclaims.

Everyone starts cheering and clapping for the new students and they return to their seats.

'The next couple of months we have many events coming up.' She announces. 'The Synergy competition elimination round and the Ice pucks match against the Sea Dogs!'
Everyone cheers for our ice hockey team.

'This is all for now.' Principal says. 'Have the rest of the evening off and be prepared and fully energised for tomorrow!'

We're all dismissed from the assembly and Archer and I make our way to the common room of house A. All the residents of this house come together on one floor with a pool table, many mini fridges, a Cinema screen TV and a balcony that's a perfect spot to smoke weed without getting caught.

The good thing about the common room is that no teacher comes to check it so the fridges are pulled up with beers.

Archer passes me a beer and I slump on the couch. From across the room a petite blonde girl eyes me and I recognise her as one of my old hookup buddies and one of Sages friends.

'Lily's eyeing us.' Archer says.

'Im not in the mood.' I reply, drinking from my beer.

I hear two people laughing as they walk into the room. Giselle enters with Tyler following behind her. She doubled over in laughter, her smile so wide it shows the dimples on her cheeks.

Tyler passes her a beer and she declines, he shrugs and takes one for himself. The way she laughs at whatever stupid jokes he's making gives me a weird feeling in my stomach.

I need her out of my mind.

I look behind them at Lily who's still eyeing me.

'Change of plans.' I hand Archer my beer and get off the couch.

'Hey Rafe.' Lily twirls a piece of hair around her finger.

'It's been long.' I say, putting my arm around her shoulder.

'You've been busy with other girls.' She grazes my chest with her nail.

'I've seen you looking at other guys.' I raise an eyebrow.

'It's not my fault your friend is cute.' She smirks and I roll my eyes. I know she's hooked up with Archer a couple of times but I don't care.

I don't do relationships, since I've seen so many arguments between my parents I've been put off them. Why tie yourself to someone forever when you can just sleep around with whoever you like with no consequences.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Giselle uninterested in her conversation and is looking over at me. I ignore her.

If sleeping with other girls will get my mind off this girl, then so be it. My activities won't change and I'll just focus on hockey soon this girl will be obsessed with me just like all the others.

Archer walks over to Giselle and throws an arm over her shoulders.

'I need to borrow you gorgeous.' He smiles at her. Tyler looks at her and raises an eyebrow. 'Don't worry, I'll return her to you.'

Archer walks past me and shoots me a thumbs up, I don't know what he's trying to do, but it reassures me that Gigi is no longer with Tyler.

Lily looks over at me and looks over to Gigi.

'You wanna hook up with me or her?' She asks, raising an eyebrow.

'What?' I ask.

'You're looking at her like you want to fuck her.' She crosses her arms. 'Me or her?'

'She's not my type.' I laugh. 'I don't go for obnoxious, self obsessed, stubborn, hot headed girls.'
Yeah, keep telling yourself that. 

'Hmmm.' She replies, wrapping her arms around my torso.

'How about we go back to my room?' I ask her.

'You know what to do.' She smiles up at me.

*AUTHORS NOTE*
I hope you're all enjoying the story!
Have a nice day!