Chapter 3

Hudson and Grace spent the entire afternoon together. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves. They laughed and talked. In the back of Hudson's mind, he knew he couldn't possibly accept her as his mate. For one thing, she can't walk! how was he supposed to take care of her and be a good warrior at the same time? For another thing, she's human! She doesn't know anything about were-kind. For her, this just feels like a major crush. But for someone who knows what's going on, it feels like so much more than that. But, for right now, he was enjoying his time with her so much, he really didn't care. His feelings for her grew every second, as did Grace's feelings for him. 

  It was 3:30. Hudson and Mark had spent several hours there. But, they didn't mind. 
 Mark was currently outside on the porch with Danielle, while Hudson and Grace were in the living room.

 "You do look very pretty today," Hudson complemented Grace.

 "Thank you..." Grace smiled shyly, her cheeks red. Rex enjoyed watching the two. He walked over and sat down in front of Hudson, placing his paw on his knee. The two laughed. 

 Hudson smiled and pet the dog. "Good boy. Don't you worry, buddy. I won't hurt your mistress. I like both of you too much to do that." Rex yipped in reply, making Hudson chuckle.

 "His name is Rex. I got him almost four years ago, I think." Grace smiled at the two.

 "Well, Rex is a good name for him, I'd say." Hudson replied. 

 Grace nodded, a sad smile on her face as she remembered something. "My parents thought so too. You know, Rex used to go up to my dad and put his paw on his knee. Just like he did to you just now."

 "Where are your parents now? How come you aren't living with them?"

 Grace hesitated, looking down. Rex saw she was sad, so he walked over, placing his head in her lap. Grace pet him slowly, as she began to speak. "They died three years ago...When Danni found out and saw I had nowhere else to go, she took me in. In return for her kindness, I help her around the house the best I can."

 Hudson's eyes were wide. He stood up and went over to her, putting his arms around her from behind. "Oh, Grace....I'm so sorry...I had no idea..."

 "It's alright...How about you and your family?"

 "Well, my parents are still living, and as far as I know, they are both doing well. We have a good relationship. We just don't exactly see each other very often..."

 "Why?" Grace asked, frowning a little.

 "Work keeps me busy. I don't have much time for anything. Course that might just be my fault...I make myself busy."

 "Why?"

 "My work is important to me. I mess up or make a bad mistake, I'll get punished. My work is more complicated than you know.

 "Hudson, your parents won't be around forever....You should spend as much time as possible with them...I think maybe you should try to make time for them. At least try. I get your work is important. My dad's work was too. But you can still do your best at work, and have time for family and other things too." Even though, Grace had no idea what Hudson's work was, she was smart about it. 

 "You're right, Grace...Maybe...Maybe I'll try and do that." Hudson nodded slowly. Rex barked in agreement, making Grace and Hudson laugh. "Looks like he agrees with you too." Hudson said with a chuckle.

 Rex's POV:

 I've known for a while that we've been living in a pack with people who can shapeshift into wolves. I think they call them were-wolves...Anyway, I know my girl, Grace, doesn't know. But she also doesn't know that this nice man is her mate. I don't really know how I know these things. I just do. Maybe because I'm a dog and they can shift into a wolf. And wolves are related to dogs, so....Yea. I know Grace's friend, Danni, needs to tell her about all this stuff soon. I just hope my girl doesn't get mad or freaked out too much.

 Anyway, how do I know about were-wolves? Well, I don't know everything about them. I just know the highlights you could say. My mom told me that her family that she lived with, where I was born with my sisters, (Yes, I was the only boy in the litter.) were were-wolves. Well, all except for Layla, the daughter. She was a fox. My mom told me everything she heard and saw. She was there when Tom, the son, found his mate. My mom explained to me all she knew. She didn't go into detail, as she really didn't know any details, but, I know enough to know the scent of were-creatures, the fact we're in a pack, and, that Hudson is Grace's mate.

 I really like Hudson. He's really nice and knows the right way to scratch behind my ears. I really can't wait till they get together. Then he could scratch behind my ears all the time, and, most importantly, make Grace happy.

 ***********************************************************************************************

 Hey, guys! What'd you think of the Rex's POV part? I thought it'd be interesting to try. I might be adding more of his pov as the story goes on. So, I'm not an expert and really don't know much at all about people in wheelchairs. I just thought it'd be interesting to write about. I hope you enjoy the story so far. The next chapter might be up later today. First I have to do some chores before I start writing it. Well, have a good day/night!