Part Two - Chapter Three: Portugal vs. Czech Republic

Eliana took a deep breath as she sat down in her seat, she was happy that she had come to watch Cristiano play; she rarely got to see him play for Portugal like this since she was often working, she felt excited about all of this.

Eliana knew how much this meant to Cristiano, he deserved so much and she hoped that his team did well; she didn't care what happened only that things were going to be okay.

Watching her fiancé while he warmed up for the match, Eliana wondered what was going to happen when she told him that they were having a baby; she was still working on the perfect way to tell him that they were expecting.

Eliana had barely seen Cristiano since she had arrived, she knew that things were going to be hard while Cristiano was playing for the national team; she would just have to be patient until they were free of everything.

Cristiano had reassured her that he would take her on holiday to make up for missing her birthday; he wanted to enjoy some time with her away from all the drama, in doing so he had booked them two weeks in St. Tropez and Thailand.

Eliana leant forward and she wondered what was going to happen now, she was glad that they would have some time together before the season picked up and she had so much work that she would rarely see him again.

Cristiano was going to have a busy season, Eliana was sure that the team would be okay and she was hoping that Cristiano would be excited when she told him that they were going to be parents; she was still working out when they were due and she figured it would be early 2013.

Eliana's doctor had told her that it would be another couple of weeks before she could have a scan to hear her baby's heartbeat; she would have to be patient until things were a little further along.

Eliana smiled as the match began, she couldn't believe that she was going to be a mother and she hoped that Cristiano was going to be excited about the news like she was.

***

Eliana took a deep breath as she walked over to Cristiano, she wrapped her arms around him and pressed a kiss to his lips; she was so happy for him and she knew that the next match wasn't going to be easy.

Cristiano closed his eyes and held Eliana close, he had been so happy that he had been able to score for his team; the goal had been for her and he knew that it couldn't have gone better if he tried.

"Congratulations," Eliana said stepping back away from Cristiano, she smiled up at him knowing that this was just the first step; the team had a long way to go before they reached the final.

Cristiano ducked down and kissed Eliana, he wanted nothing more than to enjoy this moment especially when things were so tense and he rarely got to see her; he knew that Paulo wasn't fond of the team having their families around.

Eliana smiled into the kiss, she held onto Cristiano ignoring the catcalls and whistles from his team-mates; they might have been in the middle of the National Stadium but that wasn't going to change a thing.

Cristiano only pulled away from Eliana when Paulo cleared his throat, he looked at the manager who just past them without saying a word; he wanted nothing more than to relax a little before things kicked off again.

Eliana looked away from her fiancé, she had a feeling that Paulo didn't approve of her and she didn't really care as long as he didn't cause them any problems for her relationship.

"You better go," Eliana mumbled stepping back from Cristiano completely before he could reach out for her, he had to shower and then do interviews about the match afterwards.

Cristiano grumbled stepping forward and kissed Eliana again, he would make this up to her later on when he had the chance; he knew this wasn't going to be easy but he wanted nothing more than to hold her close for a while.

"I'll take you to dinner tonight," Cristiano promised knowing that he would have the evening to himself before training tomorrow afternoon; he wanted to spend time with Eliana, she was what mattered to him and he hated that she was here and he couldn't see her much.

Eliana nodded her head, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back; she closed her blue eyes still trying to work out how to tell him that she was pregnant.

Cristiano pulled away from Eliana, he kissed her nose before he took a deep breath and walked away knowing that the team would be waiting for him; he wasn't sure what it was but there was something different about her.

Eliana watched Cristiano walk away and smiled to herself, she didn't know how she had gotten so lucky and she hoped he would feel the same way that they were having a baby together.

Cristiano had asked her to marry him but they were no closer to setting a date or making plans, Eliana wanted to get married; she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Cristiano and she hoped that they were going to be okay with everything that was coming their way.

Eliana brushed some hair from her face, she looked down at her 18ct gold half carat diamond three stone engagement ring; she still couldn't believe that she was engaged to Cristiano, she just hoped that things were going to be okay.

***

Eliana walked over to the hotel room door putting her earrings in, she was excited about going to dinner with Cristiano; it had been a while since it had been just them without interruptions.

Opening the door, Eliana blinked surprised at the sight of Paulo Bento at the door; she hadn't been expecting him and she wondered what was going on if he was here outside of her room.

"I don't want you distracting him," Paulo said pushing his way into Eliana's room, he didn't know how much time he had but he didn't want to watch as Eliana ruined their chances at the Euros.

Eliana looked at Paulo confused, she wasn't here to distract Cristiano; she wanted to support him while he played for Portugal and she hoped that Paulo wasn't going to do something stupid like threaten her.

"This is the only warning that I will give you... mess this up and you won't be welcome here anymore," Paulo warned staring at Eliana, he had seen how attached his captain seemed to his fiancée and he didn't want Cristiano letting the side down because his lingerie wearing model was around.

Eliana stared at Paulo for a moment before slowly nodding, she wasn't sure what had brought this on but she hoped that things were going to calm down soon.

Paulo watched Eliana then turned and walked out of her room, he wasn't going to hang around when his work was done; he wanted Cristiano to focus on getting them to the finals.

Eliana followed him and watched him walk down the corridor, she felt angry that Paulo had felt the need to do that when she wasn't doing anything wrong; she gritted her teeth when she spotted Pepe and smiled as she remembered her plan.

"Wait! Could you help me with something?" Eliana asked making sure she didn't shut herself out her room, she had a plan and she was going to need some help if she wanted to surprise Cristiano.