Sensations

"Why does it have to be such a hot day?" Indigo asked, putting her hair into a sloppy bun. Her short dress lifted just enough to tease him while they stood in the forest. It rode up her thigh, showing more yet less at the same time.

"We could always go back inside," Jim said, trying to keep his eyes away from her. If he didn't control himself then they would just wind up back in the room again. And it wouldn't be for his health either. Although it was good for the heart, he was sure.

He had completely healed from it now, and had probably a day or two before the doctor deemed him able to go back to work. After the talk with William, things had started to go smoothly with their little family. The pack seemed curious about what he would do now that he found his mate and was healed, but no one said anything. Instead, they gave him space until William insisted they actually try and talk to Jim. He had given a speech to the pack regarding the slander and rumors about being challenged and rightful leadership. Neither of them were going to fight each other for power. That was that.

Once everyone realized that everything was going to be the same, they relaxed a bit. The elders seemed bothered by the result, but that didn't matter. All that mattered was that they stay out of his business, and stay away from Indigo. He could have sworn that they gave her evil looks behind their backs. If he caught them in the act, he was going to tear them apart.

"Glad to see you back on the fighting side with me," Skaal's voice came to his thoughts. "I haven't heard you think that in ages."

"It's not supposed to be a good thing, Skaal," he told him. Most of his adult life had been trying to calm down. "But I'm glad that you're feeling better."

"Me too. If Snake found anything about who tried to kill us, I'm going to make sure they pay," he growled. "That shit hurt like hell."

"We can't worry about that now," Jim stopped him. He was dying to figure out what happened without him there, but he wasn't going to press William for his phone. It had been confiscated from him to keep him from trying to work. Will knew that all it would take was one call from Snake and he would be trying to get out of there and back to work.

It was controlling, but Jim knew why. William always said that Jim never stopped working, even in his sleep. While William had plenty of breaks and made sure that the rest of the pack did too, Jim always had to be in motion. It was how he's been since he was young. And old habits were hard to break.

"I'm not going to go inside," Indigo hit his arm playfully. "We finally got you outside for once."

"And I love being outside," Jim smiled at her, enjoying being brought back to the present. "But we can also have fun inside too."

"Don't distract me," she smirked. "You promised me that you were going to do this today, you know."

"I know, baby," Jim chuckled, holding her tight. He liked how close they got to be there. Once they went back to the city, she was probably going to live with her cousins again, and Jim was going to catch up on work. He wasn't sure how much it was going to be. It completely depended on whether Snake and Felix stopped arguing and name calling enough to get things done.

"Just make sure you're drinking enough water," William handed her one. "It's not like this is going to take too long. It's just a little practice run to make sure that Skaal is in good shape now."

"From doctor to vet," Indigo chuckled, looking at the doctor that was also outside that day. "That must take a lot of schooling."

"It does," William told her. "That's why most of our doctors are really old. This one was just a diamond in the rough."