Care and Love

"Come on," Indigo helped him up off the bed. It had been a day or two after Jim finally woke up, and he was getting more restless in that bed. She liked that he was starting to have more energy, but the doctor wouldn't let him out of this room because he was still recovering and infectious.

"I can walk, Indie," Jim argued as she slung his arm over her shoulder. She wrapped her arm around his hip as they walked towards the bathroom.

"That doesn't mean that I can't help you," she told him. It was obvious that he was recovering from that insanely strong poison, but he was still weak and fatigued. It reminded her too much of when both of her grandparents were on their last years of life. They didn't want to be cared for either, but she would help them anyway. It was a lot more than some of the other family would do.

Jim was a lot heavier than her elderly grandparents, or some of the babies that she watched for their mothers in her family, but she could handle it. It was a short walk to the bathroom where the doctor had placed a chair in the shower. It was probably going to be humiliating, but at least it would help her clean him.

"I don't need to sit to take a shower, Indigo," Jim shook his head, still letting her sit him down in that chair anyway. "I'm not that sick anymore."

"Says the man that put most of his weight on me when he said he could walk," she raised a brow at him, quickly taking off the hospital gown he had on. "Just think of it as a strip tease."

"A strip tease?" he looked more awake after she said that. "And what's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you get to be washed by a beautiful lady while she is also washing herself," Indigo said. "I'm going to get two birds with one stone." She still hadn't showered since coming there. It wasn't that she felt out of place here, she just didn't want to leave this man out of her sight. Will had already tasked her with making sure he doesn't try and call anyone. She was slightly concerned for Snake, knowing that he would probably want an update. But Will said that he would update Jim's boss so that he knew the severity of his illness.

"You really aren't as filthy as you say you are," Jim said, his hands going out to touch her hips the second she started undressing.

"If you were in my skin, you would know what I mean," she ran her hands through her hair. It was greasy but hardly ever looked it with how thick and curly her hair naturally was. She also had to shave, but that was something she would have to deal with at a later time. "I wish I brought some of my bathroom things," she looked at the simple products that were in the shower right then. They looked nice, but they weren't hers.

"You know they will get you whatever you need, right?" Jim asked, subtly coaxing her onto his lap. "They're just grateful that you're here helping me."

"You talk like I wouldn't," she batted his hands away, grabbing the shampoo for the both of them. "It's not like I was just going to stay home waiting for you to call me, you know."

"Oh, trust me," Jim laughed. "I know that. Even when it's for your own safety."

"I think it's safe to say that it all worked out for the best," Indigo told him. "Now close your eyes. This soap might get in it."

It wasn't the first time that she had showered with someone, but it was definitely the first time that she actually got cleaned from one. The few other times that she had shared a shower with her exes just lead to slipping and sloppy kisses. Some were nice, while others left her with a sore back. This time was a little more fun. It really was like she was giving him a lap dance in a way. He would try to grab for her or sneak his hands lower or higher to parts where they weren't supposed to at the moment. Indigo would laugh and slap his hands away while she set to work on washing the both of them.