9. The Intern

It's Monday. You are sitting in your office that's labelled 'Assistant'. By now, you're almost through your mission. A video of Ryan is on the left screen, as he talks to you, while you work on the remaining two projected by the orb.

"This is why I like having a team..." You say.

"Huh?" Ryan questions, enjoying his free time at home after a mission that gave him a bruise on his cheekbone and a cut on his arm.

"I'm almost through the security." You say, your eyes pin on the front screen, displaying a list of names striked off in red. " Verifying and cancelling out names... this is the sorta work I forward to my subordinates..." You put your elbow on the table and your head in your palm.

"So that's what you do with your teammates? Anyways, It's been ages since we had a beer together." He says, and you glace at his screen. It looks like he's making pancakes.

You miss that too. After a tiring mission, you and Ryan used to the bar to drink down all the fatigue, and be one of the crowd. But it's been months since you two sat down together and laughed it out; he and you were so busy with his missions lately, and your mission was not the same as his.

"Seriously! That bar is my therapy..." You respond with a smirk.

You see a new update on BlackHand, that's just been uploaded on the right holographic screen. Your position in the agency allows you to see all the information your subordinates upload on the CIA database, after their mission.

You open the file.

"Why would they look for vibranium now?" You say observing the contents.

"Who?"

"The database just got updated, BlackHand is looking for vibranium now... I guess they couldn't find space tech anymore..."

"How could they? Most of it is in CIA storage."

"Yea..." You chuckle at the thought of how helpless that gang might be.

(Maybe Stark has vibranium in this building and the infiltration are looking for it...? I'll just ask him real quick!)

"I gotta do something real quick... I'll call you when I've time!" You say, and Ryan nods at you. You quickly close the holographic screens by grabbing the orb in your hand and put it in your pocket.

You enter the lift and say, "Jarvis? Could you please take me to Tony?"

"Ofcourse Miss, to his office." You hear his unmodulated Al voice.

The lift goes up, openning into his office. You walk inside to find Tony talking to someone with a buzz cut, wearing a black leather jacket, sitting opposite to him with his back towards you. His voice seems familiar though.

Tony looks at you, he immediately scowl. The person sitting with him turns his chair around to follow his gaze. Your face lit up looking at who it was.

"Well well... If it isn't Mr. James Rhodes himself!" You say with a beam of smile on your face, walking towards him.

You have once worked with Rhodes in the past, when you developed mutual respect for eachother's excellence. This became the base of your friendship.

"Y/n! What are you doing here man! Come here!" He comes up to you and pulls you in a hug.

"My best friend and my worst friend are friends? Just what I need!" Tony says after cringing. You roll your eyes, even though it's mildly amusing to all three of you.

"I'm on a mission, Rhodey... Tony's supposed to be my assistant here." You answer Rhodey's question, ignoring what Tony just said, and start moving to his table to take the seat beside the one Rhodey was sitting in. Rhodey sits beside you.