Chap 6 - Magic Knights entrance exam - III

"What the heck just happened?"

"That sword. . . is that his magic? And I thought he's just a dunce from the boonies."

"Did he say something about the wizard king?"

People muttered and whispered about Asta in disbelief as he altered their perspectives.

Their comments and the continuous circle of gossip began to grate on Asta's nerves, prompting him to turn and shout at them. "Shut up all that babbling! I said I'm going to become the wizard king! Do you have a problem with that?!"

(Y/n) concurred with Asta as she stood beside Yami's seat. "Jeez. These People. . . We usually ignore them, but at times, they started to get on our nerves. They're so annoying." She muttered while Yami exhaled a small puff of smoke. "I couldn't agree more."

Finral leaned in closer to (Y/n) and mumbled, "Huh, is that some kind of creation magic? It didn't seem like he had that sort of magical ability during the previous tests."

She glanced at Finral, taking a step back, and responded. "No, it's not. . ."

"He's not using magic." Yami completed her answer after an observation then focused on the next match. The new pair of participants took their positions.

"So, he wants to be the wizard king, huh?" (Y/n) turned to look at Yami who suddenly brought up what Asta declared. "We sure going to get a weird one."

(Y/n) chuckled at his comment. "The current one isn't less weird than him. What do you think?"

"As I said, couldn't be more agreed."

The matches went on one after another. The next match was between a noble and Yuno.

"Isn't he the Salim from Hapshass family? He's a noble from a distant region!" Someone recognized him from the crowd as they watched him approached towards Yuno.

"Well, well, if you haven't found an opponent yet, how about taking on me?" Salim asked with a smug smirk on his face as he played with his small strand of blonde hair.

Yuno stared at him for a moment, trying to analyze his motive then walked into the center of arena

Yuno stared at him for a moment, trying to analyze his motive then walked into the center of arena. "Fine." He muttered accepting his offer.

Salim smirked walking ahead of him. "You may have been chosen by the four-leaf clover Grimoire but you're still a lowly peasant from boonies."

He took his position few meters away from Yuno as the match was about to begin. "Let me show you the difference of the powers. You can't compare with the nobles." He mocked then turned to look up at (Y/n) flirtatiously.

"Just watch me how I beat this expectant four-leaf Grimoire peasant, my dear princess." He proclaimed, blowing flying kisses in her direction.

"Eww!" (Y/n) exclaimed in disgust and quickly hides behind Yami's seat. Finral and Yami chuckled at her reaction, while Leopold and Yuno cast disapproving glares at Salim.