होली:- The Color of Love

' My claim and my colour shall never fade from your heart and your soul.'

........

Waking up with the birds chirping, I rose from the bed and fresh and up quickly. It was my first Holi with my husband.

I knew noway to contain my happiness in myself. After a lot of hardships, life seems to be back on track.

Kingdom was going in right direction and so was my relationship. Only dismay was that we hadn't consummated our marriage yet.

It has became a hot gossip topic among the palace people. Many are commenting that Yuvraj need a new wife.

Even after so much going in my head I just couldn't bring myself to ask him.

Lets do it.

As I came back in the bedroom with a plate full of yellow gulaal, he wasn't there.

I waited for long.

" Bhabhi Maa is calling you." Jaswant came in my room.

" Have you seen your brother?" I asked.

" Amm he was there in practicing area. Maa even called him. You come outside he might be there only." He replied.

I nodded and felt with him.

Reaching the royal gathering ground my eyes impatiently searched him but couldn't find even his shadow.

Maa applied pink gulaal on my cheeks, I took her blessings reciprocating her gestures followed by choti maa.

Pitaji only did my tika and I took his blessing too. My eyes were constantly looking here and there to find him.

His brother applied gulaal on my feels and I did their tilak. Even his sisters had also came to celebrate holi this time, getting to know the arrival of their brothers.

Everyone bathed in colour. It was late afternoon and yet he was not here.

With teary eyes, heavy heart and colour lengha I came back to my chambers.

I cleaned myself and threw myself of the bed.

What important work can he have that he couldn't show up for a few minutes?

I wasn't asking him for something impossible.

As his wife, I couldn't even ask him to be the first one to colour me.

I was feeling very tired, mentally.

People whispers about my incapabilities of making my husband happy rang in my ears.

I cried myself to sleep.

Waking up after hours, I feel no bettet. I turned to the voice of footsteps.

He entered the chamber with a smile.

Oh he dare not.

I stood up from my bed and walk away into balcony.

" How was your holi?" He asked.