अनभिज्ञ:- Playing dumb

Virat Pratap POV

I opened my eyes as she left. Looking at her disappearing figure.

It takes so much to just not let her leave.

I sighed.

Soon!

I kept staring at the ceiling whole night until sunrays peeked into the chamber.

Waking up from the bed I got ready from a new day. Reaching to the breakfast hall, my eyes fell on Nayantara. My wife.

She was noticeably dressed up today. From head to toe. My eyes followed her as she moved in the whole, jingling her thick anklets.

She completely ignored me.

After a few minutes after maa served the food to Pitaji. She sat in front of me. Decorating my plate with colourful dishes. The food today had a finger-licking aroma.

Her tinkling bangles, were enough to make me lose my patience. I took a deep breathe. After serving me she stood up and moved to a farther corner of the chamber.

" Bhabhi.... Food is so delicious." Gaurav said. Jasvant and Abhishek agreed to it.

My eyes met her, and to my surprise she was also looking at me.

" Oho what so special today that Chandravali entered the kitchen after so long." Pitaji said.

" It's nothing Pitaji. I just feel like cooking today." She replied, flushed.

" May you always feel this way." Gaurav said, licking his fingers. Everyone chuckled. She smiled.

During whole breakfast, she was stealing glance from me here and there, making me more and more self conscious.

Is something wrong with me?

She never does that.

........

During the court, all I could focus on was her, seating next to me.

It was second time she was seating there.

" Virat what do you think?" He asked. " About the taxes for southern provisions."

Oh... thank god I already know about this.

" South has very strong economy Pitaji. Many foreign kingdom wants to expand there trade with Magadh through it. I believe taxes on import should be less that the export. Also.." I went by explain what I felt.

The royal court got over. I had to stay back with Pitaji to discuss upon a few matters.

Only if I could tell me how important it is for me to talk to my wife who was right now leaving the courtroom making it feel so silent and numb for me.

.....

She was serving me lunch.

" Bhabhi I think you should avoid attending court sessions." Gaurav said.

" Why?" She asked, confused. I looked up at me.

What does he want now?

" Because when you are around Bhaiya's concentration power decreases to multi-folds." Jasvant said.

Everyone in the room laughed except two of us. I instantly found food very interesting.

" I- I will check in the kitchen." Nayantara said while leaving the room which blush adoring her face, in haste.

......

After Lunch I tried to find her but she was with Maa.

Off my luck. Never has she been this busy before.

" Bhaiya.... Finding bhabhi?" Gaurav asked.

He is so dead.

" No.. I was finding you. Come." I said.

" Me..." I asked excitedly. " Why?" And started following me.

Few moments later

" Bhaiya I am young favorite brother. Oh you won't do this to me. You love me right?" He said as I aimed the pot kept on his head.

" Stay still." I warned.

" Bhaiya Bhaiya.... I won't say anything to Bhabhi or about Bhabhi. The hell I won't even speak." He begged.

" We told you already don't get to driven in excitement." Abhishek said.

" Bhaiya please save me." He asked him.

" Shut up and stay still." Abhishek replied.

......

The dinner went silent as Gaurav won't dare say a word for atleast a day. Then I would have to remind him again.

I went straight to Nayantara's chamber. To my dismay, she hasn't returned yet.

I started wondering in her place, with scared heart. How would she react?

My sight caught a roll, lying in the corner of the chamber. I picked it up.

'Akhanad Sobhagyawati Bhaw
Yuvrani Chandravali

Take a deep breath, time was tough but it almost faded. Soon the life will be full of flowers and love.

As you have asked. I have sent you a portrait of Yuvraj Virat.

But till it will reach you it won't be of any use. You have want to are looking for.

The one you are finding in the universe is in front of you'

Where is the portrait?

Has she read it already?

Is she aware?

" What are you doing in my chambers?" She asked.

If she is still asking this, she definitely doesn't know.

" Have you read this letter?" I asked. Her body turned tensed.

" I-I was about to.." She panicked.

" Where is the portrait came with this?" I asked.

" Oh... I placed it somewhere and couldn't find it." She said.

" Forget it. I want to tell you that I am Virat Pratap." I breathed out.

" I was talking about the real one."

" There is nothing fake or real. I am Virat. The one and only."

AUTHOR'S note

Vote!!!! Bhai....