Chapter Fifteen

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
- Dalai Lama XIV

Claire Bishop

The whole environment in the room changed. Suddenly, it felt too warm in here.

My body squirmed, I avoided looking in his eyes while I inspected myself one last time in the mirror after the whole incident with the zipper, though he zipped me up silently later on. That damn phone!

Revolving around, I cleared my throat. "I'm ready. We should go now. It's already late."

From the corner of eyes, I saw him nodding his head but instead of walking toward the door, he stepped forward and clasped my right hand in his hand. A cold steel-like weight wrapped around my wrist and when he left my hand, I found a beautiful black and white cuff bangle. The stones over it looked like little diamonds.

My mouth parted open in astonishment. I looked up at him while holding my bangle clad wrist in front of my eyes. "Wha--?"

"It's for you." He replied, joining his hands behind him. Before I could even utter anything, he turned and walked out of my bedroom saying. "Come on, we should go now."

Since my hands were bare of any jewelries except the ring on my finger, the bangle was the perfect piece to fit with my outfit. A warm feeling crept up on me at his gift and instantly, I smiled feeling a lot better for tonight.

As long as that man was beside me, the party would pass through peacefully. Making my mind set, I followed him out of my apartment after locking it up. Taking the steps carefully, we came out of the building and again my mouth dropped open at the sight in front of me.

Looking at the man in the tuxedo to my left, I asked with a surprise tone. "You drive an Audi too?"

He merely shrugged. "Sometimes. Come on."

It was a white sleek Audi, looking quite extravagant and expensive. Since my brother-in-law, Brandon worked at an automobile company, I had a few talks with him in which he shared some of his favourite car models and this Audi was one of them. If Brandon saw it, I bet he'd be squealing like a little girl who just got her favourite doll or something.

As there was no suit clad bodyguard around the car, I got the impression that Tyler would be driving tonight and moreover it had two seats only. My ever gentleman fiancé opened the car door for me and I slipped over the leather seats as gracefully as I could though I was sure it failed. Before I could extend my hand to pull the remaining length of my dress in, Tyler lifted it in.

Blushing, I smiled at him in gratitude. Closing the door, he came around the car with powerful strides and took the driver seat. After securing ourselves in, he started the engine and put the car into gear before he zoomed the Audi on the main street.

It looked quite expensive even from the inside. I turned my head toward him and asked curiously. "Do you have any other cars like this?"

He glanced at me once before taking his attention back to the road. "As a matter of fact, I do."

I looked at my lap, fighting the unease. "So you just buy these type of cars always?"

The car picked up speed slightly but it wasn't high enough to scare me. After few moments of silence, he stated. "I buy whatever I like."

And suddenly, I wanted to get out of this car. Suddenly, the seats beneath my bottom didn't feel as comfortable as before. My hands clenched and I tried to keep my head down to hide my scowl. This was the problem with rich people. They buy these type of expensive things as if they were buying one dollar stuff.