Chapter 8

"Holy shit. I can't believe it! The fact I was around her no more than an hour ago and now.. now she's dead. What if, what if it had happened to me if we didn't leave when we did.."
I was so shaken. Not only was it a murder so close to my home but it was someone I was just next to. Someone I had just had an interaction with. Someone I was in the same building with.

"Woah Y/N it's okay. You're home, you're safe. No one's going to hurt you. You're safe."
Sam says in a soothing voice as he hugs me, holding me tight as I squeeze him close.
"So you think  Sangwoo knows?"
He asks. Leaning back a little to look down at me with a soft expression.

"Um, I don't know, I should probably text him..just to let him know.."
I pull away from the hug and head upstairs to grab my phone from the bedside table, opening my texts.

Me: "Sangwoo have you seen the news? That girl is dead.."

Sangwoo: "what girl?"

Me: "The girl from the cafe, the one you gave your number to! It's all over the news, she was murdered after she left that cafe! That could've been one of us.."

Sangwoo: "I doubt it. But if you need comforting I'm here."

Me: "Thank you Sangwoo.. would you maybe wanna come over for dinner tomorrow?"

Sangwoo: "sure"

I stuff my phone into my dressing gown pocket and head back downstairs to Sam who was still standing in the living room with his eyes glued to the Tv. He turns to face me once he hears me coming.

"He didn't know about it. But if it's okay with you, I invited him over tomorrow. I think, it'll be good for you two to meet. If I go on more dates with him, I want you two to at least be friends"
He raises his eyebrows. That was clearly not what he was expecting me to say in that moment.

"Are you sure you wanna do this now Y/N? I mean, you.. that girl-"

"I know I know.. I just, I didn't know her or anything. It's very sad but, I was just shaken. I'm okay."
Sam gives me a nod, turning back around and switching off the TV.
"Tomorrow will be good Sam. I promise."
He gives me an unsure smile. I feel kinda bad basically forcing Sam to meet Sangwoo but, he's my bestfriend and I do have quite a strong attraction for Sangwoo. So if things went any further, it's only right for the bestfriend to meet the potential boyfriend.
'Thisll be good for all of us'

— —

The next day came around quicker than expected and I was rushing around the house like a headless chicken trying to get everything neat and tidy as well as getting food ready for before Sangwoo arrives.

"Woah Y/N chill out you're gonna give yourself a heart attack, take a break"
Sam holds my shoulders walking me away from the stove and sitting me down at the table. Patting my head before returning to the kitchen to put the food in the oven.

"I'm sorry Sam. We don't often have visitors, and not that our house is dirty! But I just want it to go well."

"It will I'm sure-"
Sam was interrupted by a knock at the door.
"He's here already??"
I was just as shocked as Sam. Jumping out of my seat and rushing to the door, looking through the peep hole. It was indeed Sangwoo.

"Hey! Glad you could make it! Come on in!"
I give him a massive smile before stepping aside, allowing him to walking inside. Closing the door behind him.
"Sangwoo, this is Sam! My bestfriend and housemate. Sam, this is Sangwoo!"
Sam walks over to greet him. His expression drops as if he wasn't expecting Sam to be here too. Sam holds his hand out for him to shake. There was a brief second of awkwardness before Sangwoo lifts his hand to shake it back. Without saying a single word.

"Nice to meet you Sangwoo. Y/N really seems to like you. They were rushing around like a maniac tryna get the house ready for yo-"

"SAM!"
I quickly pounce placing my hand over his mouth to shush him but he quickly pulls my hand away while laughing causing me to burst out laughing too. Even Sangwoo joined in with the laughing, causing my heart to flutter.

"You like me that much huh Y/N?"
He laughs some more. My entire face burns as I blush embarrassed.
'God Sangwoos laugh is so pretty but ugh why did Sam have to embarrass me!!'

"Sorry Sangwoo but the foods not quite ready yet, shall we all go sit while it continues to cook?"
I say with a smile, leading both of them over to the table.

"This is a nice place you two have got yourselves."
Sangwoo speaks up first to break the silence.

"Yep! We certainly do!"
Sam smiles wrapping his arm around my shoulder pulling me close with a grin. Judging by Sangwoos expression, he seemed almost displeased with this.

"You two seem close... how long you been friends?"
Sangwoo asks, Sams arm was still around my shoulder as I was being pulled and lent into him.

"We've been friends ever since I was little. I went through some stuff and Sam was the only one who believed me. Not even my own parents did."
I reply. Sangwoos expression suddenly lifts to an amused look. What was so amusing about that?

"Oh yeah? Got a traumatic backstory there Y/N ? Should I be worried? Are you gonna turn out to be a psychopath?"
Sangwoo says as he bursts out laughing. Sams hand squeezes my shoulder in reassurance.

"It's not funny Sangwoo. Y/N went through a really awful thing."
Sam speaks in a defensive tone, causing Sangwoo to lift his hands in front of his chest in surrender.

"Sorry sorry. That was outta line I apologise."

"Thank you for apologising."

About an hour passed and we were all getting along really well. The tension between Sangwoo and Sam seemed to have finally dropped and we were all having really nice conversations with each other getting to know each other more. I found myself staring at Sangwoo quite a lot. He was just so beautiful, like a work of art. The fact I even got one date with him was so surprising to me.
'I hope we go on more dates Sangwoo'
Every now and then, mine and Sangwoos gaze would meet and I'd instantly start blushing to which he'd give me a cheeky smirk, making me feel even more flustered.

"Hahah yeah, and then I said - FUCK THE FOOD!!"
Sam jumps out of his chair and rushes over to the kitchen, pulling the oven door open, black smoke floods out causing him to cough, waving his hand to try and waft the smoke away. We had been talking so much we completely forgot about the food we were cooking.
"Shiiiiitttt. Uh so guys, looks like we're eating charcoal for dinner."
Sam laughs as he puts on the oven mits and pulls out the tray within, revealing chunks of solid black burnt food. All three of us burst out laughing at how pathetic the food now looked.

"I'm so sorry Sangwoo! I invited you over for dinner and now it's burnt haha"
I apologise, standing to my feet to help Sam air out the kitchen abit, opening windows and the back door.
"Sam can always cook us something from scratch rather than pre made oven food. He's an amazing cook-"

"Sorry but I had better be getting going"
He states bluntly, standing out of his seat.
"Nice to meet you, Sam."
He speaks in an emotionless tone before heading over to the door. I quickly rush after him.

"W-Wait! Why can't you stay?"
Grabbing the sleeve of his hoodie to which he glances down to my hand before looking back up to my eyes with a smile. Causing me to realise what I was doing and let go. But suddenly he lifts his hand and wraps it around mine, holding it against his arm. Causing my face to burn hot and make me sweat.
'He's..! He's holding my hand!'

"You like me that much Y/N you're falling fast huh?"
I wanted to hide inside my top like a turtle from the embarrassment.
'Why would he say it like that!'
"Don't worry we can all hang out again. Some buddies of mine were planning on doing a bonfire, camping, drinking night. If you two wanna come?"

"YES! Uh I mean, sure we'd love to! Wouldn't we Sam?"
Sam was silent  making the room feel kinda awkward for that split second before he finally replies.

"Yeah sure."
His answer wasn't very enthusiastic but that didn't stop Sangwoo having a massive smile on his face. He thanks us for having him over before leaving. As soon as the door closes, Sam approaches me with a serious look on his face.

"I don't like him."