Chapter 17

Olivias POV:

There was about 10 minutes left in class and I heard my phone buzz. I had to ignore it or the 8-year-olds might go feral. I got my class lined up at the door and waited for the bell to ring so I could take them to the buses.

Finally, after I got the last kid out the door I walked back to my classroom and started packing up my bag. Once I had everything, I unlocked my phone and saw I had a text from Carli.

That's strange. We don't text.

~call me.~

Was all it said.

I sat down in my chair with a puzzled look and hit the dial button. The phone rang 3 times before Carli answered.

"Olivia?" She answered. Her voice sounded urgent.

"Yeah, what's up Carli?" I asked. My tone laced with concern.

She sighed, then spoke.

"Drew had a seizure 40 minutes ago."

My brain felt like it stopped working. Like I couldn't process the words she had just said to me. I couldn't even find any words myself.

"Olivia? You there?" Carli asked.

"Where is she." I said in a demanding tone. My brain suddenly tunnel visioning itself on making sure Drew was okay. I stood up and grabbed my purse, walking towards the door.

"She's there. In Vegas." Carli said making my steps stutter a little. She's here. I didn't know she was here! She's in trouble.

AND SHES ALONE!

I felt my steps speed up as I made it outside the building.

"Which hospital?" I asked in a demanding tone.

Carli listed off the hospital and I climbed into my car.

"I'm on my way." I said, hanging up the phone and pulling out of my parking spot.

The hospital was only 10 minutes away but the drive felt like hours. I called my mom and told her Drew was in the hospital. I explained that I needed her to watch Rory a little longer today. She immediately agreed and I hung up.

I don't even know what I'm about to walk into.

Carli didn't say what condition she was in. My mind started coming up with the worst possible scenarios.

What if she's hurting? What if she has permanent damage from this? What if shes...

I couldn't even finish the thought without my heart pounding in my ears.

I subconsciously sped up my car.

When I finally pulled up the the hospital there were about 10 men with cameras standing outside.

Really! Paparazzi is already aware of what happened? This made me sick to my stomach. These people don't care about Drew. My Drew.

I put on a pair of sunglasses and a beanie I had in my car. I quickly got out of the car and walked past the men, pretending I didn't notice they were there.

When I got inside, I ripped off my glasses and ran to the front desk.

"Drew Line's room, please!"

The woman looked at me angrily "You are the 7th person to come in and ask for her room."

"No, no!" I panicked. "I'm not paparazzi. Please!"

"What's your relationship to the patient?" She asked, quirking an eyebrow at me.