13. Let me sleep

Avyaan

It's my Roka tomorrow. That day I had to leave in haste due to the nuisance created by that bastard's men in the village. They kidnapped a few children and threatened their parents to call me and ask me to release that scoundrel. But little did they know I am not someone who can be threatened. It took us one and a half days to trace and rescue all the children who were held hostages at different locations. I dealt with those assholes along with the other supporters of that head to make sure there will not be any problems further. 

I came home after one and a half days and took a shower. I took a relaxing shower and sat on my couch thinking about her. I wanted to call her yesterday but I didn't take her number in a hurry and Shikar said he would be in a conference due to which his mobile will be off. Should I just go and check on her?

I wore my shirt and walked out. The workers and guards bowed to me on the way and I nodded in reply. A guard opened the car door for me and a smile crept on my face remembering her asking me not to do so. She was the only woman for whom I did that and she said it was weird. I chuckled at that thought and drove to her house with my guards in other cars.

The door was not locked, so I walked in. There are many bags scattered here and there maybe they were preparing for Roka and Engagement. But I couldn't see a single species at home. I walked toward her room hoping she would be there and to my luck she was. She was looking tired and was making her hair in a bun. A stole was lying on the chair. Maybe she just returned from somewhere.  She looked at me through the mirror.

"What the hell? Now why are you coming into my imagination too? Am I losing it?" She asked turning around and rubbing her eyes. I chuckled at her reaction.

"Don't you dare laugh mister! I was worried as hell for you and you are laughing in my daydreams!" She exclaimed placing her hands on her waist. I just took 2 quick steps and engulfed her in a hug inhaling her sweet smell which I missed badly.

"Why does a dream feel so real?" She asked making me smile.

"It is real Ms. Goyal!" I whispered in her ear and I didn't miss the shiver that ran down her spine. She distanced herself from me.

"Rana Ji! Are you all right? Did anyone harm you?" She asked cupping my face and her voice laced with worry. She looks like she will cry any moment.

"I am fine Aaru! No one can harm me." I replied and soon she hugged me tight. I too pulled her closer to me. She kissed my chest while I kissed her hair.

"I was worried for you." She said and snuggled into my chest. It made a warm feeling creep into my heart. Someone is there who will be worried when I am out. Someone thinks I too will get hurt even though I am a king.

"I am tired!" I declared snuggling more into her neck. I don't know why I become a different person when I am with her. But I like it. I want to be different in front of her, no fears, no judgments, just us. 

"Then go home and rest." She said distancing herself from me. I held her wrist and made her sit on the bed. I sat on the ground and rested my head on her lap. She stiffened due to my act.

"Rana Ji get up! What are you doing?" She panicked. 

"I am taking rest. Please let me sleep! I was awake the whole night."I said closing my eyes.

"Rana Ji please get onto the bed. I can't let you sleep on the ground. You can rest your head on my lap even sleeping on the bed. Please get up now!" She said holding my arms trying to make me stand. I obeyed her words and got up.

She sat back on the bed with her back touching the headrest and I joined her removing my shoes and blazer. I kept my head on her lap, intertwined our hands, and placed them on my chest. She ran her fingers through my hair while I drifted to deep slumber.

I woke up and looked at her face resting on the headrest with a few hair strands falling on it

I woke up and looked at her face resting on the headrest with a few hair strands falling on it. With her eyes closed, long eyelashes, plump lips, and sharp nose, she looks like an innocent beautiful angel in sleep. Her hand is still in my hair while the other is in my hand. It was the first time after so many years that I slept peacefully like a baby. 

I tried to get up without waking her but she woke up when I tried to remove her hand from my hair.

"I... just dozed off." She said tucking her hair back. I moved up and kissed her cheek making her go all red due to blush.

"It's okay," I said getting up and taking my blazer and wearing my shoes. When I was about to walk out of the door, she stopped me holding my wrist. I gave her a confused look.

"I will go and check first. Then you can leave," She whispered to me and walked out. Why does it feel like I am sneaking out after committing some crime?

"Mumma! When did you come?" She asked. Maybe they are back.

"Just a while ago. What are Rana Ji's guards doing here?" Her mother questioned skeptically. 

"Woh...Woh...they were sent by Rana Ji to deliver my engagement dress which I gave for alteration."She said after a pause stuttering. I chuckled at her excuse and that stuttering.

"These many people along with Rana Ji's car too?" Her mother questioned again. I can imagine her cute horrified look.

"Woh...woh Mumma you know Rana Ji na! He wanted it to reach me safely without any damage so... and as you said we can't question him why he sent all of them right?" She replied. By now she must have made a crying face.

"Are you going somewhere?" She asked after a pause.

"Yes. We have to invite a few people personally so we are going there."Aunty replied.

"So I will be alone?" she asked in a happy tone. 

"Why are you so happy about it? Let me warn you if you mess up anything I will deal with you!"  Aunty warned.

"I will not," she said in a low tone. If this conversation was not taking place on steps I would have missed it.

She walked into the room after some time and turned to me. She sighed in relief placing a hand on her heart.

"That was funny!" I said smiling but she glared at me.

"That was hella scary. Thank god mumma bought my lies or else she would have killed me by now." She said pouting. I kissed her forehead and she walked me to the door.

"Your dress will be here without any damage," I said and we both shared a laugh before I walked away. 

She is the only person who makes my heart feel at ease. Then and now, she is my peace. Nothing changed.