Chapter 16

The Talk & Festivities

Wisewomen Lydia and Wisemen Hugh made their way to the Queen's Chamber, where they found Asora sitting at her vanity, lost in thought as she undid some of her braids to wear for the night of festivities. Her face brightened with a warm smile upon seeing her trusted companions entering the room.

"Good morning, Uncle Hugh, I didn't know Lydia was going to bring you," The Queen said. "Is there something you need?"

Wisewoman Lydia exchanged a nervous glance with Hugh before stepping forward. "Asora, we wanted to discuss something important with you," she began, choosing her words cautiously.

The Queen stopped undoing her braids and turned her attention fully to them, her eyes searching their faces for any signs of concern. "Of course, what is it?" she asked, her voice filled with genuine curiosity.

"It's about your relationship with King Tae-Han," Hugh spoke up gently, his voice tinged with a mix of concern and protective instinct. "You see, Asora, the road to love can be complex and filled with both joy and challenges."

Asora's smile waned slightly, a flicker of uncertainty crossing her features. "I... I understand," she replied, her voice betraying slight nervousness.

Lydia stepped closer, her eyes filled with empathy. "Asora, have you ever been in a romantic relationship before?" she asked softly.

The Queen's eyes widened, and a faint blush colored her brown cheeks. "No," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "Since becoming Queen, I've dedicated my life to serving our people, and before then I never allowed myself to explore such matters."

Wiseman Hugh offered a comforting smile. "It's completely understandable, Asora. You have been a beacon of strength and leadership for our nation. But with this newfound connection to King Tae-Han, there are certain aspects we believe you should be aware of."

Asora nodded, her expression becoming more serious. "Please, enlighten me," she requested, her curiosity tinged with a touch of apprehension.

Lydia took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts. "Intimacy is a beautiful and natural part of a loving relationship," she explained gently. "But it's crucial to approach it with caution and ensure that both parties are fully aware and consenting."

Asora's eyes widened, and she clasped her hands together, her fingers intertwining nervously. "I... I understand the concept of a relationship, I think, but I've never experienced the physical or emotional part of it," she admitted, her voice laced with a mix of curiosity and unease.

"And that's what we are a little concerned about it," Lydia said. "We're not sure if you are aware of how your body and emotion can start to affect your thinking when you are attracted to someone."

Hugh stepped closer, his voice filled with concern. "Asora, we just want to make sure you are fully aware of the implications and potential consequences if you jump to doing intimate things with the king," he emphasized. "It's important to prioritize your emotional well-being and ensure that any physical intimacy occurs at a time and in a way that feels right for you. However, we think it's best you pursue the intimacy part after marriage."

Asora blushed but also took a moment to absorb their words, her gaze shifting between her trusted companions. "Thank you," she said sincerely. "I appreciate your care and guidance because I have felt quite antsy and anxious about that, I've noticed since being here, around him, I feel flashes of heat around him, or my nose begins to sweat like when I lie Uncle Hugh, and I think it's because I'm nervous."