New Classrooms

The next thing he knew, someone was undoing the straps of the dreaded car seat. Gat looked around a bit dizzy and wasn't sure what happened. He didn't remember falling asleep... or passing out. He wasn't sure which one he did. But he was just glad to be getting out of that car and on solid ground.

     "You need to wake up." Tim said. "I'm not carrying you."

     "I'm up." Gat said in a hoarse voice. He looked down and saw he was holding on tight to the bear. He tried to put it down, but it felt like his skin was almost fused to the soft fur. It took a bit to finally let go and put it on the seat next to him.

     Tim looked around for a moment before quickly lifting Gat out of the car and onto his feet. Gat hated that this was becoming his new norm.

     "Remember." Tim said, but not with the normal hate he had in his voice. "You're a general sub that has health issues. That's why you have to come home with me."

     Gat nodded and took his bag out of the car. He followed closely behind Tim as they walked into the mostly empty building. Tim had made sure they got there early so his teammates wouldn't see him lift Gat out of the car.

     Their first stop was Tim's locker. He put away the books he didn't need from his bag and made sure he had his homework ready for his first class. By the time he was done, the halls were starting to fill. Tim sighed as he put his bag back on his back and turned back to face Gat.

     Gat was getting nervous. He could feel eyes looking at him. It wasn't an odd thing to see people of such a great size difference to be together... it was odd to see the school outcast to be seen with one of the school's most popular Jocks.

     "Come on. Let's get your stuff." Tim slightly pushed him to get him moving.

     Gat curled slightly in on himself as he lowered his head and started towards his locker. He wondered if the janitor was going to be mad at him again. It wasn't like he asked the school bullies to target his locker. Or him for that matter.

     As they got closer, he could see that there was a fresh coat of tan paint on his locker door. There wasn't any signs, so he assumed it was alright to touch the door.

     While Gatlin walked ahead of him, Tim was starting to notice more things. The little seemed to be extremely alert to his surroundings, almost like he was waiting for something to happen.

     The locker that held insults of all kinds had a fresh coat of paint on it. Tim wondered who would be so stupid as to graffiti school property. And why Gatlin's locker? What were some of the words again?

Worthless

Loser

C**t

Murderer

     'Wait? Did it really say murderer? No. It must have been my imagination.' Tim shook off the strange thought. 'Why would it even say that?' He looked at the kid that didn't even come up to his shoulders and could probably be blown over by a strong wind. 'How would that even be possible?'

     "I... I can walk to my first class just fine." Gatlin said as he stood looking up at Tim.

     Tim shook his head and looked down at Gatlin's face. It was drained and sad. What was going on? He didn't look this bad yesterday.

     "No. My paperwork said I have to take you to all your classes. So, I'll need a copy of your schedule." He slightly cursed himself for forgetting to get that the night before when he read he'd have to do this. "Where am I taking you?"