Chapter 3: Welcome back

We then cut back to Autobot City where we see Onslaught, Strika, Brawl, Blast-off, Vortex, and Swindle sitting in their new prison cells where they are being interrogated by Director Fairborne who demands the six Combaticons to tell her what Megatron is planning. Onslaught tells her that he and his teammates refuse to answer to a small, fragile meatbag like her, Brawl cracking his knuckles saying "these walls can't hold us forever, and once we do we'll squash you like the insect you are!" followed by Vortex exclaiming "ooh I like the sound of that!" Blast-off telling them "easy you two, this isn't the first time we got ourselves in this predicament" Strika then stares down Director Fairborne and tells her "you do not intimidate us Earthling, try as hard as you must but you won't get a word out of me or the rest of my Combaticons" Fairborne does not flinch a bit from Strika's threat looking up at the burly female Decepticon dead in the optics, Fairborne saying "fine then, if I can't scare the answers I need out of you, then I'll just get someone who can" before we cut to S.T.A.R.S. agents in mech-suits carrying the injured Drift on a stretcher past a worried Optimus, Ultra Magnus, and Elita-1 while Bulkhead puts his shoulder on a depressed crosshairs along with Hot Rod clutching a crying Verity before they place him on a medical table for Red Alert to get to work on, the female Autobot medic shocked and appalled by the severe damage Drift took during his fight with Bruticus, Crosshairs telling her "take care of him doctor, if it weren't for his sacrifice I would be offline right now" Red Alert tells Crosshairs "I'll try, but I can't make any promises given his condition" before telling Knockout to hook the unconscious Drift up to the spark support cables. We then see Bumblebee along with Lennox's team arrive on the scene Bumblebee transforming into robot mode to have a happy reunion with Hot Rod, Bulkhead, Wheeljack, and Preceptor followed by Optimus welcoming Bumblebee back to the team only for Bumblebee to notice Crosshairs moping in the corner, Bumblebee asking Prime what's gotten into Mr. Green over there, Optimus explaining that Drift was gravely injured while defending the border walls of Autobot City from Decepticon attackers and is now on Spark support explaining that Crosshairs is the one taking this the hardest. Bumblebee tells Optimus that there is something he needs to know: Arcee is alive, and she's with the Decepticons calling herself flamewar, Bumblebee saying that he has no idea what to do in this situation saying that he tried to get through to her but she's so emotionally gone she won't listen to reason. Optimus delivers some sagely advice to Bumblebee telling the young bot "In desperate times when our friends become our enemies, if left with no other option we must be forced to make the hard decision, no matter how much it pains us to do so" Bumblebee looks at his reflection in his sword and says "but I don't know if I can make that hard decision" Meanwhile Director Fairborne welcomes both Spike and Cade to the new S.T.A.R.S. facility located in Autobot City, Cade staring outside the window into the bustling futuristic metropolis saying "if only Tessa were here to see this, she'd love it" Spike asks who Tessa is, and Cade tells him "my daughter, she's in college now but she's crashing at my place for the summer with her boyfriend hunter" Spike then tells Cade "then I guess that makes two of us, except my kid's only a year and a half. his name is Daniel" Cade then tells him "Then you got a lot to look forward to Witwicky, from my experience parenting is one hell of a ride" as Cade pats Spike on the back only for Optimus to stand by Cade and Spike, Prime telling the two that he is glad to have both of them by his side, saying that the construction of this city wouldn't have been possible if he didn't have them to show him the path to a brighter future where the peoples of Earth and Cybertron can coexist in harmony. Director Fairborne turns her attention to Optimus telling him that she'd like to have him be the one to interrogate their Decepticon prisoners, and since the Dinobots are unavailable as they were relocated to a remote island off the nearby coast last year to keep them out of trouble she wants him do the job knowing how much the Deceptions fear the name of Optimus Prime.