26. Deep Chocolate

Once Seth walked up the stairs and I knew he was physically okay, I grab my phone and call Sherry

'Hello?' She answers a little hestiate and I can hear what sounds like a man or men in the background.

'Hey, so there are somethings that came up and I don't have dinner ready at all. Could we just do a raincheck for tonight?'

'Sure. I could still bring dinner though?' Sherry seems to question it and it is not like her.

'I really just need tonight to focus on Seth and work through things I never knew from my family.' I sigh and rub my head.

There is no anger in me for them keeping it from me. Just need some time to spend to sort it all out and get over the mini shock of my mother and aunt are werewolf too and get over the questions of why I wasn't foruntate enough to shift.

'So you know?'

'Yes, I do Sherry and you have nothing to worry about. Promise.'

I can hear when Sherry takes a breath. 'Thank you for understanding. I do have some questions for you though Fayla.'

'No doubt since I guess you will hear from the Beta.' I grunt. 'Just if you have any say in anything since I know nothing of the way a pack works or anything, don't let Valin come back over anytime soon. Please.'

Sherry doesn't respond but the noise in the background increases but to much is jumbled to where I can't understand anything.

'Sure, Bestie. Just let me know when you would like to have dinner together.'

'I will.'

We hang up and I let a breath out. There was obviously something going on where she is with the angry sounds coming from the phone but I didn't bother asking. It is none of my business and I have got enough information tonight to last.

I walk to the kitchen and Auntie turns. "Phone call go okay?"

"Yeah, Sherry says she understands that I need tonight to just digest."

Auntie nods. "Well any questions I will answer." She smiles and then gets to work on the food again.

"Need some help?" I offer but she shakes her head and tells me to relax at the counter.

Auntie does know me well. There are definitely questions I have it is just really I think Seth should hear too and that way one time explaining it all.

Seth walks in a few moments after I sit at the counter. Auntie asks him how he feels and he answers her the same but left out Fido's part.

"Sweetheart, Auntie is also a werewolf." I let Seth know.

Auntie turns around from the stove and steps up to the counter. She braces her arms and smiles bright. "My wolf and I are so happy that we finally told your mom and that you have shifted. You are such a strong wolf warrior Seth. Your grandparents I know are just as proud as I am that you have looked after and protected your mom just like she has you."

Auntie smiles and then her eyes get a burning blue color in her eyes. They look identical to Fido's eye color. The first time ever I see Seth has took after my side of the family even more. It brings a sense of pride to me seeing he is not all his father in the sense of wolf, I know Seth gets the hints of black from Valin but Valin is gray not silver there is a different there, plus Valin's wolf eyes were a yellow. So the silver fur and blue eyes are from my side of the family.

"How come you never smelled different though?" Seth looks to Auntie once she explains what she had to me and he pieced that he was smelling the werewolf side to people.

"I have a horrible habit of this perfume I have loved for years. Came across it by accident but you didn't have the gentle shift where senses came up first. Because of that way of shift you wouldn't tell differently unless a rogue."

"So what is your position in the pack?" I ask.

Auntie smiles. "I work with the treasury part to the pack mainly but also hold a job within the pack for ordering all the medical supplies which is no easy task either."

I nod as it makes sense to me why she works so much taking on two jobs.

Seth and I eventually ask about the way a pack works and listen to her as she cooks and refuses help. We end up learning about the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma are highest rank wolves. Which Valin is Beta and then Levo is Gamma with Sherry being the Gamma female. Makes me proud of Sherry to be high rank beause I would think it isn't easy being mated to a high rank, from what Auntie says they tend to be more possessive but never got that vibe from Levo.

Auntie talks about my parents and how my mother was into the same line of work as Auntie does. She also tells us details of the packs history which is very interesting to learn. Currently, the pack does not have a Luna since the Alpha's mate had passed during childbirth around eight years ago, but he had ran the pack smooth every since he took over before that and after.

Seth and Auntie talk about shifting, to which Auntie is so glad it didn't hurt no where near like it does for the normal first shift because of him doing it young during a awful event.

The doorbell rings and Auntie stands up. I join her and Seth follows also. My mind going to 'I hope that it is not Valin at the door', even though Seth knows the truth still I don't want to be around him yet.

When Auntie answers the door it is not Valin. A man stands there in dark wash jeans with decent shoes on and a button up black shirt. He is definitely packing it too with the amount of muscle and I thought Valin was buff. When I make it to his eyes there is something about him that pulls me in just a hair but not completely, as his eyes swirl in a sea of deep chocolate while he stares to me.

"Alpha. Welcome, won't you come in and join us for dinner we were just fixing to eat."

"Thank you Vi, that is very kind of you. If not to much trouble I wouldn't mind staying to eat with you and even talk over some things." The Alpha nods to Auntie.

"No trouble at all." Auntie smiles and turns to go back to the kitchen, with what looks like almost a nervous expression which may tell me this isn't normal for an Alpha to do.