44

"Now, let's get married!"—————————

—————————

The first snow fall of the year. It was still early for such weather, and it was only calling for a few inches in the forecast that nutcase Trelawney had predicted, but it was still starting to blanket the rolling Scottish hills that sat outside the castle windows. It would only last for a day or so before it melted in the bipolar sun that would warm up again soon.

Snow always brought excitement to Hogwarts. I'm not sure what it was about the soft and fluffy white powder that brought so many people such joy and euphoria, but— I promise I'm still talking about snow and not drugs... get your heads out of the trenches, people.

"You think we'll be able to sneak out there?" I asked Fred and George as the three of us huddled in an open window in the middle of the corridor. The hall was already buzzing with the excitement of students around us, many trying to find a time between their classes that they'd be able to go out and enjoy the change in weather.

"Sis, you dare question if we'll be able to pull off the first epic snowball fight of the year?" George wrapped his arm around my neck and tugged me into his side, his knees bent slightly so we could be squished cheek to cheek. Fred squished himself on my other side, making a Evans-Weasley sandwich.

"Ruby Duby, I'm slightly offended." Fred clicked his tongue in disappointment and I rolled my eyes despite the grin that was slowly taking over my features. I weaved my arms between us so I could hook them around their necks and squeeze us together even more, needing to stand on my tippy toes ever so slightly in order to even out the height difference.

"You know that it's I of all people who could never doubt the two of you." I laughed. George planted a sloppy kiss on my left cheek just as Fred reached up behind my back and tugged on my loose ponytail. I quickly kicked his shin in retaliation, making the three of us break out into a playful brawl in the hall.

I felt a tug of magic on my naval and my brows furrowed together as I realized the three of us now stood in a triangle formation on opposite sides of the hall. The two boys looked just as perplexed as I did, my words stammering as I looked for some sort of explanation as to how we got to where we currently were. All was made clear when a stump woman in a hideous shade of yogurt pink walked through us with a clipboard in one hand and an obnoxiously pink quill in the other.

"Decree Number 31— all boys and girls must remain 8 inches from one another at all times." She gave a squeak that I think she thought sounded like a giggle and continued on her way, tightening the ties of a few boys that were walking down the corridor with her wand. My jaw tightened as I watched after her with my eyes.

"Forget finding a time in between classes to go outside— I say we all just ditch." I smirked deviously before I looked back at the twins who looked at me with hesitant expressions. "Don't tell me you two are going to start acting like pussies now and you aren't up for a challenge?" I tilted my head and mocked them.