Author's Note

Hello, my lovely readers!

I absolutely enjoyed going on this crazy journey with all of you for the past year. Although, I didn't always update on time, and I took so many breaks, it really toned my writing and made me so much better. 

Bringing Aria Bailey and Jacob Rickson to life has been amazing, and I'm glad you could all fall in love with the characters just as I did. 

Obviously, I would never leave you on a cliffhanger, so get ready for any updates I post about the future of Aria and Jacob. 

Make sure to check out my other three books, two of which are completed, and leave your thoughts in the comments. 

The main reason I wrote this was because I was struggling with mental health, and the household I lived in didn't really see it as a big deal. I wanted to write this to mainly help myself heal and to show others that rock bottom isn't really rock bottom. The only way you can go is up. 

I'm better now, and with time, I'm sure Aria will be better too. It's never nice to read a book that contains so much about mental health and suicide, and I think it's so important for everyone to educate themselves about this as you'll never know when someone is suffering. 

Aiden's character was my way of saying that no matter how bright the smile on someone's face is, it doesn't change what's truly going on in their life. Emotionally, Aiden had no one but Aria who understood him. His parents were never there, and Jacob didn't know what he was going through. Jacob always saw him with a smile in his face during his final days, and he never would have thought that deep down, Aiden was a lot more broken. 

I wanted to write a story for Aiden, but I don't think I could mentally take it. I read 'All The Bright Places' and I haven't recovered, so it might not be the best idea to write a book solely about Aiden. 

Anyways, sorry for the longer than usual note, but I wanted to make sure I said all of it before closing off this book. Be sure to check out the playlist I made on Spotify for this book!

Enjoy your lives! 

-H ⚫⚪⚫⚪