Chapter 14

Have you ever wondered what it's like to be in love? I have

Have you ever wondered what it's like to be in love? I have. Ever since I realised that I've got a life and it would make people happy if I lived it. I won't deny that I don't want to live my life. I just want the pain to end.

There's only one kind of love that can fill us up, and heal our pain and make us whole.

The excruciating pain that digs so deep into my heart that I can't stop it from going deeper and taking control of every aspect of my life. I'm trying to fight the inner pain and the hurt but there's something inside of me that won't stop me from letting go of the agony.

I don't think anyone understands how tiring it is for me to act okay and always be strong when in reality, I'm so close to the edge that the slightest of touches could push me over that last hurdle.

Hell, even my parents can't be bothered to stay at home with me just to make sure I'm okay, or even to just be parents. It's their job to look after me and they're too busy with work or conferences to come home.

Maybe I am partly to blame for not answering their calls but if they truly wanted to parent me, they should just come home.

The doorbell ringing pulls me out of my thoughts as I quickly slip a white sweater over my head. I had paired it with baggy jeans.

When I open the door, Jacob stands on the other side, his hands stuffed into the pockets of his pink hoodie.

"Hey. Where's Laura?" I ask, when I realise that she wasn't next to him.

"She wanted to make her own way here. She had a visitor, one of her lady friends."

I nod my head in acknowledgement before gesturing for him to come in. Only one of the double doors were opened so Jacob squeezed around me to get past.

"Shall I order a pizza?"

Jacob winces before turning around.

I can't. My diet is pretty strict, I've got a game next weekend." Jacob's a football player. He has random games against other colleges at certain points in the term. He told me about his love for the sport after a week of knowing me. It was so wholesome every time he talked about the adrenaline rush he got whenever he was sprinting down the field, with a ball being dribbled at his feet.

"Damn. Well, I'm sure I can whip up something healthy. What about pasta?"

"Pasta's my favourite. Whole grain?"

I nod my head enthusiastically. Jacob grins before finally noticing his surroundings.

"Your house is beautiful."

I sigh before gesturing for him to follow me through the landing to the living room.

"You can thank the interior designers. I'll give you a tour later."