sixteen

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | i like having | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
you around

real life | los angeles
the girl talk house
- november 23rd, 2021

     A LAUGH LEAVING her lips, Sophia shook her head as Minnie sat back down next to her on the couch after Laila stole the redhead's bag of chips. Minnie pouted, glaring at Laila as Sophia laid her legs in her best friend's lap.

"I can't wait for season 2." Sophia spoke up and Laila nodded excitedly as the three girls sat on their large cloud couch, watching Bridgerton.

"I can't wait for you two to see how hot Anthony Bridgerton is." Minnie replied as the character came on to the screen.

"That guy? Seriously? Sideburns?" Laila questioned and Minnie shrugged. "Better be one hell of a glow-up."

"Benedict's my fave," Sophia replied. "His season is going to be great."

"His book was pretty good too." Minnie agreed.

"Nah, nah, just wait till my queen fucking Eloise Bridgerton season!" Laila declared loudly as the doorbell rang. Sophia stood up to go answer the door, running a hand through her hair.

Opening the door, Sophia couldn't help the smile that appeared on her pink lips when she saw Andrew standing there with a bouquet of purple tulips and a paper bag from the Cheesecake Factory. She leaned against the door, "My first bouquet hasn't wilted yet."

"I know," He told her softly. "This is an "I'm sorry about the publicity" bouquet."

"You don't have to apologize." Sophia shook her head as she opened the door further to let him in.

"I still will." Andrew told her as he placed the items in his hands on the table next to the door. He immediately took the girl in his arms, hugging her tightly and Sophia gladly let him. She leaned into his embrace, feeling so loved for that moment. Andrew kissed her cheek, cupping the back of her head with his hand while his other arm wrapped around her. "Are you busy today?"

"No, she's not!" Laila called from the living room as she and Minnie stood up from the couch, grabbing their snacks and drinks.

"Living room's all yours, lovebirds!" Minnie added in a yell before her and Laila ran upstairs.

"In that case," Andrew grinned, offering her the bouquet. "Moony, do you want to force me to watch your favorite rom-coms all day while we eat pasta and cheesecake?"

"Those are the most beautiful words I've ever head." Sophia giggled, happily taking the bouquet. "Make yourself comfortable. I'm gonna go find a vase for these."

•••

"HEAR ME OUT," Andrew turned to Sophia after they finished watching "When Harry Met Sally." Sophia gave the man a look, trying not blush as she felt his arms around her torso. "You come to England in December."

"No, but you're cute for trying." Sophia replied, eating a spoonful of Cinnabon Cheesecake.

"Please," Andrew begged her with a smirk, leaning on her shoulder. "I'm not coming back to LA till February 15th. Do you really not want to see me for over two month?"

"Sounds like you really want to see me." Sophia teased and Andrew rolled his eyes playfully. "I'll think about it, okay? I have GT stuff going on, you know? And we still have the rest of today and tomorrow."

"Yeah, and then I'm going full cold-turkey after being with you for four days straight!" Andrew reminded her and Sophia laughed, shaking her head. "I like having you around, Moony."

"I like having you around too, Drew." Sophia whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck. He smiled at her softly, brushing a lock of golden hair out of her face and tucking it behind her ear. Sophia felt her heart skipped a beat, trying not to seem flustered. Andrew's eyes glanced down at her lips for a moment, and Sophia let her gaze fall to his own lips. She gathered up all her courage, going to lean in softly—

But then both of their phones rang.