A date that I might hate!!

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

ASTORIA'S POV:

I was currently in my car driving to my office when I suddenly recalled what happened a few moments ago. I didn't even realize when my hand was on my cheek and I started blushing.

How could he kiss me like that? Kissing on cheek is normal, right? Many people greeted me with a kiss on the cheek, but this one felt different I don't know why. I felt a tug in my stomach thinking about it.

Do I like him? No no it can't be possible, we agreed to be friends right.
You just don't want to accept that you like him, Astoria.
My inner self said to me. Even if I did, he might have kissed me to make me talk.

He can never like a boring person like me. But one thing bugged me a lot, why is he everywhere? Like wherever I go he is there and I've never seen him going to the university, rather he is always in his part times. It's so fishy.

After a while, I reached my office and rushed to my secretary Mr. Paul and asked him to find information about Tom, wait what was his full name? I remember Suzie telling me it was something like, oh ya got it, it's TOM ADAMS.

Mr. Paul was a professional in finding information about people. Nearly after 15 minutes, he had found complete information about him.

Everything was normal about his bio data, school, university, internships, but his job, the place he currently worked was a bit astounding, it was in The Carter Companies.

But it was not that much of a surprise because it was a big company, so it's obvious that many people work in it, instead it made my job easier.

Now I can just go to Mr. Carter and ask him about his records and meet him.

I called and asked Mr. Carter about it and he told that he can't give personal information of his employees to anyone.

I begged him saying that it is very important, it is related to my life, and after convincing him for a long time, he agreed but he gave me just his number. I was okay with that too.

I opened my phone, saved his number, but was hesitant to call him. I don't know why I was scared to call, but anyways I did.

"Hello" came from the other side. "Umm, hello. Are you Tom?" I asked him hesitantly.

"Don't act as if you don't know it baby." He replied with a weird tone. Ew, disgusting, why would my friend's boyfriend call me baby?

Before I could scold him or anything he said
"We have a date tomorrow at noon at THE COFFEE CAFE and you are coming, that's it, I'll miss you, bye" saying that he cut the call.

What.

The.

Hell.

I was shocked, why would he call me that and what date? I've already decided on someone else to be my boyfriend and that too Tom was my best friend's boyfriend.

Even though it's in the past we never shared that kind of relationship in the past.

After they started their relationship, we both became very good buddies. He had his limits and I also had mine, so it could never be this.

How could he do that? I felt like vomiting. Even if the person I love the most calls me baby I'd hate it. It's just so cringy and on top of that him calling that makes it worse.

As much as I hated it, I had to go tomorrow and find the reason behind him wanting to meet me again.

What should I tell to the guards? Today I had to go to Suzie, so it was the only day I was allowed to go out without guards so, I had to find an excuse.

What shld I tell them? "Ahh these guards" I whispered to myself. I'll think of it tomorrow I guess. Saying that, I left the office and went home.

The next day, I woke up only to see a note on my bedside table

I'll take care of the guards, you just go, don't worry about it sweetheart.

- your wellwisher<3

I read the letter, I really missed them to be honest. Whoever is writing those letters must be a good person, actually the best, actually letters are one of the main reasons for the beginning of this mystery or whatever it is.

My life became interesting after this. If only I knew who wrote this.

I got up and got ready for my office, I really had a lot of work. Due to these other things. I totally forgot about my work.

I completed all my work until noon and got ready to meet him up. And unfortunately he texted me to go to Coffee Cafe, but thankfully his shift was only at night, right? Let's just think that for now.

I left after a while and reached the Cafe in no time. As I parked my car and went inside, I already saw that man sitting there with an innocent on his face. Oh, damn that evil man. I went there and greeted him "Hello, Tom" I greeted him.

"Oh hello, Astoria please, sit down" He said sweetly standing up and pulling my chair like a gentleman.

Then who was the guy at phone yesterday. He was so different from this guy.

"First of all, would you mind telling why you called me 'baby' yesterday and what's this date about." I asked angrily.

"I'll tell you everything slowly but first let's please order coffee" He pleaded.

"Okay" I said.

We ordered coffee. The waiter came with 2 coffees. Shit. A small correction. Not the waiter, it was Noah.

I was so dead. He kind of glared at me but went right back to his work. He ignored me, didn't even greet me. I was kind of sad but the fault was mine after all.

Then Tom started "You really don't know how and why Suzie died, do you?" He whispered.

I was confused how and why, what does he mean by that?