fifty nine

My head whips back to Noah, and he holds a knowing look. I fumble with the metal bars and try to unlock them with my mind, but of course, they remain firmly shut.

"Is this- is this... Open the door, right now. I need to see him," I practically beg Noah, shifting from one foot to the other in an uncomfortable manner.

"I can't do that baby girl, at least not until you say the magic word," Noah says teasingly, as he crosses his arms over his muscular chest, and smirks towards me in arrogance.

"Please," I cry out, seconds away from getting on my hands and knees, to beg him.

"That's not the right word, Hazel." He puts a specific emphasis on my name, and I'm finally able to understand what word he wants to hear.

He's desperate to hear his own name come out of my lips, after I promised him a couple of minutes ago that I'd never say it again.

"No, no, and no. Absolutely not," I whine in determination. "That's not fair, you can't use that against me!"

"Oh yeah. Try me, baby girl. I'll take you away from him right now, and you'll never get the chance to see his face again," Noah threatens, raising an eyebrow, and beginning to walk in the other direction away from where I am.

Suddenly, I can feel the middle aged man's eyes fall on me in horror, before he quickly stands up, and places his hands against the bars, so we're inches apart.

In a split second, Noah has turned back around, and his eyes narrow in confusion, as he tries to figure out what the prisoner is trying to do.

The man gently pulls me closer to him, and for the first time since I have arrived at this house, I don't even think to retaliate, or shout in shock. Instead, I happily allow it to happen.

The prisoner's fingernails are long and out of control, his hair is greasy, and it's safe to say that he smells of old urine and shit.

I resist the urge to clamp my fingers over my nose, to get rid of the smell.

"I can't believe that I finally am getting the chance to see you, pumpkin. After going so long without you," the man rasps, croakily, like it's his first time talking in years.

And maybe it is. Who knows what this person has gone through.

"Don't even think about touching her," Noah growls, stepping closer to us.

With a large amount of hesitation, the prisoner lets go of my body, and stumbles back into his constricting cell.

"So, baby girl, what's it going to be? Are you going to say it, or are we going to walk out of this room, and forget that this event ever happened," Noah mocks me, pouting sadly at me, as if this entire situation upsets him. 

I know it doesn't though. He's just trying to manipulate me.

"Noah," I whisper out, "can I please go and see the man."

My voice sounds hopeless, as I duck my head down in shame.

I wanted to do anything but this, but I really need answers. Even if it costs me my dignity. 

"That's a good girl. See, how hard was it to say my name?" Noah coos, stroking my hand softly, as he pushes me forward to confront the old man. 

"I'll open the door, and you'll slowly walk in," Noah addresses me, before turning to the prisoner, and beginning to shout. "Oi, you, get up against the wall, and wait until I shut the door, so you can move!"

The order came out, as harsh and demanding, but I refuse to say anything, because I am so desperate to find out anything and everything about how this man is to me. 

When I walk into the cell, Noah quickly slams it behind me, and the middle aged man pushes himself off the wall, embracing me in a much needed hug.

Despite me not fully knowing who the man is, I can tell that he is going to play a big part of my life. Maybe because I'm pretty sure he is my father.

"I think I know who you are," I whisper up at the prisoner, from our position in the hug.

He lightly hums in agreement, before meeting Noah's intimidating eyes, and glancing back down at me.

"I think you know exactly who I am," the man says quietly as a smile paints itself against his face.

I want to recoil, and I have to assume that this man hasn't brushed his teeth in what is probably years, because they are yellow, and holy.

If this wasn't such a serious situation, I would probably be laughing at how comical the man looks. But he's probably my father, and we're in a life or death situation right now.

"How are your brothers? You do know them, right?" The man asks, and it basically confirms the fact that we're related.

I nod my head, showing that I know who they are, before answering his question. "They were good before I left. Levi teaches at my school. Charlie's a dick, Chase can be one as well sometimes. Axel's growing on me, but at first he was distant. And Matteo's.... Matteo's just Matteo. He's bossy, but we all love him."

The man smiles in happiness, and hugs me even tighter. From behind me, I can feel Noah's eyes narrow, but he refuses to say or do anything.

However, my father's next question stops my breath completely, and I feel uncomfortable having to talk.

"What about your mother? How's she going?"

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 45600 reads and over 1k votes- 1862. (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3