29 - Catching Kilian & Cassie's Birth

Johnny – A few months later

Ever since I learned that I was going to be a father, I was over the moon. I have always dreamed of the day I would become one. I was a little bit afraid at first, yes, but deep down, I knew I wanted this. I never thought that I would have one with a woman I didn't love, or through a one-night stand, but I am glad it happened. I never knew that Cassie would be the love of my life until now.

I am falling for her.

When I first laid my eyes on her, all I thought about was how beautiful she was and that I wanted to sleep with her. When she got pregnant and moved in with me to Seville, everything changed. We bickered and fought a lot at first, but now we are completely different. We respect one another and speaking for myself, I am falling for her. I love how annoying, mean, lovely at times, and obnoxious she is to me. But also, she is amazing and kind. I love how she speaks with our baby and dances in front of the mirror to music.

But of course, I have not told her any of those things, and I do not think I can. She is vicious and would eat me if I confessed my undying love to her.

I knock on her door and wait for her to open it. I am anxious because my baby could come out of her any minute. She is in her last month and it is only a matter of days till she gives birth. The doctor said her due days should be on the 30th of March, which is four days from now, but I feel that she might give birth today or tomorrow.

The door opens and Cassie stood in her night dress. I am unable to look away from her body, as creepy as that sounds. Her bump is big and her boobs are huge.

I wish she would let me sleep beside her.

"Morning," she says, motioning for me to enter.

"Hey, how are you doing?" I ask, closing the door behind me and following her. Her bed is made and her room is clean.

She lies on the bed and sighs. "I don't know. It is getting hard to breathe," she replies, placing her hands on her bump and drawing circles.

I sit on the bed, near her legs. "Is there something I could do to make you feel better?" I ask, scared she might lash out at my stupid question.

"Well, if you could birth me now, it would help," she says and I chuckle.

"I wish I could. Do you want me to rub your legs?" I ask, pointing at her legs. She cocks her brows and looks at me with amusement in her eyes.

"If you want to..." she replies, unsure.

I place my hands on her legs and start rubbing, starting from her knee to her feet. She would occasionally make sounds that are considered erotic, but I try to think of it differently. I don't want to make her uncomfortable with my stares.

After a few minutes, she tells me to stop. "Thank you, Johnny."

"Of course, anytime."

I hesitantly stand up and turn to leave after nodding awkwardly. "Wait!" she yells, stopping me.

"Yeah?"

"Can you...tuck me in? I feel sleepy again."

I smile at her and nod. I walk to her and cover her with the duvet. She sighs in relief and smiles at me.

"If you need anything, call me, okay?" I say.

"Okay, thank you."

I lean in and kiss her forehead.

She doesn't say anything but looks at me in confusion. I ignore her stare and leave the bedroom.

I go back to mine and take a quick shower because I haven't taken one when I woke up. Once I am finished, I wrap a towel around my torso and look at myself in the mirror. My eyes land on the scar in my stomach from a few months ago when we caught Kilian.