Chapter 13

Nova

I didn't see Hazel yesterday and I'm hoping I'll see her today, Friday.

I wait in class, please just walk through the door Hazel.

Class started about 14 minutes ago but my eyes light up when I see a grinning Hazel walk through the door.

"You're late" the teacher says.

"Yeah sorry sir"

She takes a seat next and gives me a kiss, "Hey darling, how are you?"

"Umm, fine how about you?" She's acting...different.

"Yeah I'm great!"

"Hazel, quiet please" the teacher tells her.

"I'm talking to my girlfriend, don't tell me to be quiet" she glares.

My eyes widen, why is she acting like this?

"Get rid of that attitude"

"What attitude?"

"Haze-"

"Sir can Hazel and I be excused please?" I cut him off with a pleading stare.

He sighs, "yes"

I grab her hand and pull her out into the hall then the bathrooms.

"What are you doing love?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah told you I'm fine"

"Okay bu-"

"What you think I'm lying?"

"What? No of course no-"

"I don't like it when people don't trust me Nova"

"Hazel I do trust you, but you're acting different, did something happen?"

She laughs. She fucking laughs.

"You look really pretty today" she smirks after laughing.

"Thank you, bu-"

Her hands on my waist and lips on mine cut me off.

"Haze-"

"Shhh"

"Look Hazel as much as I'm enjoying this, can you stop so I can talk to you?"

She sighs and pulls away, "what?"

Before I can speak she suddenly smiles, not a happy smile...but a smile I can't explain. "We should go street racing"

"What!?"

"Yeah, I got an r34, it's great for street racing"

"What is an r34?"

She stares at me as if I have two heads, "it's a car"

"Oh...but no we can not go street racing, that's illegal!"

"Yeah no shit, that's the whole point, look if you don't wanna come then don't, but I am," she goes to leave but I grab her wrist that are covered in bracelets and pull her back.

She sucks her teeth and pokes her mouth with her tongue, "can you not" she mumbles looking at her arm.

"Sorry" I whisper letting go.

I go to say something but her pulling a cigarette and lighter out of her pocket makes me just stare at her.

She lights it up, puts in her mouth and breathes the toxic smoke in. She takes a step closer to me, grabbing my face and connecting our mouths.