Chapter 11: A fountain tells no lies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The princess might be avoiding him, the prince realised a few days later

The princess might be avoiding him, the prince realised a few days later.

Fortunately the elusive princess gave him a moment of respite. It turned out like a blessing in disguise.

Percy found himself remembering the ball every-time he closed his eyes. It graced his dreams, his thoughts and drove him forward

Something happened to Percy, when his lips touched hers. A buzz of power.

A sensation that was burning his veins, ringing in anticipation whenever she was around.

These thoughts plagued Percy as he scrambled around his room for the connection shell, tapping it against the wall until he heard a reply.

"Stop! I'm here! I'm here!" his brother called, from the other side.

As happy as it made Percy to listen to Tyson's voice, it equally annoyed him that he couldn't respond.

He conveyed this by tapping the shell against the wall until Tyson understood what he meant, agreeing to meet him down at the beach at sunset.

So when sunset did arrive, the sky a spectacular orange, Percy found himself dashing down the stairs, trying his best not to draw attention to himself.

The prince of the seven seas tossed his shell into the ocean, praying that it would return to him. Fortunately it did, in his brother's hands

"What has happened, brother? Are you alright? Do you need help?" Tyson asked, the waves cloaked him well.

Percy shook his head, desperate to find words to explain. Even if he couldn't use his words, it would have been nice to have them.

He attempted to act it out, but stopped at the look of disdain on his brother's face.

Instead, inhaling deeply, Percy lifted his hand gently in the air, a string of ocean water rising with him in the distance.

He brought it towards Tyson, circling it around his head before releasing it with a plop.

"Argh," Tyson shook his head, droplets of water flying off of it.

"How did you do that, brother?" he whispered, almost in awe after he finished drying himself,"Have you....have you received your powers yet?"

Percy nodded.

He didn't know why or even how he'd been blessed with his power.

From what he understood, his bloodline was gifted their power after they completed a daring quest, or ascended the throne.

His father, King Poseidon was blessed with his power after he set off on the quest to find the lost trident of the ocean. It was a perilous journey, but when he held the trident for the first time, he acquired the ability to control the waters. And the throne in the process.