17

Stefan's Point Of View

The horror on his face almost made me laugh.

"Oh my god! What did I do? Are you okay? What happened? Are you hurt? I didn't mean to, I swear! I just--"

I cupped his face, making him look at me with his teary, scared eyes.

"Why are you crying, sweetheart? What's going through that head of yours?" I asked, completely ignoring my back and pulling him against my chest.

"I- I hurt you!" His voice cracked, his eyes wide and watery with guilt.

I kissed his forehead, my hands going down to his thighs to move his hips back to being flush with mine, before I cupped his face again.

Using my thumbs, I wiped the delicate skin under his eyes, his eyelashes tickling my fingertips.

When the tears leaked, I made quick work of ensuring that they weren't on his face, smiling at him as he kept sputtering apologies.

"Oh, sweetheart, you didn't hurt me. In fact, you helped me." I said, making him pause.

"Really? You mean it? How?"

"I've had this knot in my back and this ache in my hip for a while; you just cracked the knot and pain away. I'll have to cancel my chiropractor appointment." I answered, laughing as he turned red.

"So.. I helped?"

I grinned brightly.

"Absolutely."

He smiled, meeting me halfway for a kiss.

I laid down by myself this time, and his hand moved around my stomach and chest, while my hands stayed on his face.

I slipped his shirt over his head, tossing it carelessly across the room, while he struggled to unbutton my shirt with one hand.

Wait... buttons?

I didn't have a shirt with buttons on the other day.

I pulled away, looking down at my shirt, only to scowl at him playfully.

"Really? Pink polka dots?"

He giggled mischievously, making me roll my eyes as I helped him unbutton the shirt.

"You're not gonna get away with this." I said, kissing him innocently on the forehead.

He looked at me, gulping.

"I just- They looked comfy, so I thought you wouldn't mind!"

"Oh yeah?" I taunted, slowly rolling us over so I was on top of him.

He hummed, pulling me back down by my neck for another kiss.

"Don't you have work today?" I pulled away, watching as he blinked, processing that I asked him a question.

"No. I took time off to take care of you." He answered, making my heart swell.

"You took time off to take care of me? Really?"

He nodded, kissing my nose.

"I couldn't just leave you, Stefan."

I melted into him, kissing him lovingly as he laughed.

"Back to the pajamas."

He shook his head. "They're cute. You look adorable. End of discussion."

He kissed me before I could say a word.

------------------------------------------------

"Get up."

The light flickered on, making me move an arm over my eyes, while James whined, pulling the covers over his head.