chapter 13

Aarohi was phasing in her room. Hey Krishna, whats going on, Vardhan ji and Pakhi, but Vardhan ji love someone else, than why did he ask for Pakhi 's hand, why Maa reacted in that way, who is that girl, if vardhan ji love her than why dont he marry her. All these questions was giving her a headache.
Suddenly she felt two arms around her, she slams her head on his chest.

Veer- don't stress yourself Aarohi, trust Pakhi and her decision.

Aarohi- how can I not think about it Veerji, didn't you heard what Maa said, vardhan ji loves someone else. Why don't he marry her and who is that girl. She asked tilting her head.

Veer tightened his grip on her, his facial expression changing from calm to anger, her name is enough to make him angry, he hate her, he hate her name and anything attached to her. Aarohi turned around and cupped his face.

Kya hua Veerji kya baat hain.

That girl, just don't talk about her Aarohi, Vardhan and his past is too dark for you to handle. I will tell you but not now. I know that you are worried about your sister, but dont worry i know Pakhi is very sensible girl, she will take the correct decision.

Veerji, but...

Veer put his finger on her lips silencing her, sssshh relax Aarohi relax , do you trust me , she nods her head.
Veer laid her on bed and cover her with blanket.
Sleep Aarohi, you need some rest.

Nandini- I know you both are hiding something from me Prithviji.

Prithvi- No Nandini, there is nothing to hide.

Do you really want me to believe your excuse. Prithviji whatever you and Veer are upto, make sure it shouldn't affect Aarohi in any way. Am I clear. I dont want Aarohi to get hurt. You know how sensitive and innocent she is, make sure you pass this warning to Veer as well.

Saying this Nandini went to bed, Prithvi was scared not because of her threat, but because of the consequences that this plan can bring. I just hope nothing goes wrong.

Next day, Veer and Vardhan left for Surajgarh.

Veer- Vardhan, are you sure of this Marriage.

Vardhan- yes bhai, and I assure you that I will take care of Pakhi. .

Veer- vardhan, I trust you, i know you won't let anything hurt her, but please tell her the truth Vardhan. Tell her about your past and your actual reason behind this marriage. I know you don't love her, its not easy for you to give someone else sanyukta 's place.

Vardhan- Bhai, i dont want to hear her name. And yes you are right but love is not everything , i have seen even love can ruin any relationship. I want to start from fresh. Yes its not easy for me to forget everything that happened in my past , but i am willing to try and i know I will move on from my  darkness, its just I need someone to become my Distraction.

Veer hummed on what Vardhan said.. Pakhi is not your Distraction Vardhan, she will be your salvation.
Vardhan looked at his brother, he knew that if anyone can understand him, it will be only Veer.
Veer knew what he is doing with Vardhan is wrong, very wrong,  he manipulated him doing all these things.
I am sorry Vardhan, please forgive me. Veer thought in his mind. Soon they reached Surajgarh.

Pakhi and Dadi Maa was shocked to see Veer and Vardhan at their house. Their both bombarded them with questions about Aarohi. Is she alright,  why you both are here. Veer first asked both of them to relax as Aarohi is fine,nothing happened to her.

Dadi Maa- Veer beta, then why did you and vardhan came, what you need to discuss.

Veer- Dadi Maa, vardhan wants to marry Pakhi. And that's why we are here.

Kyaaa.. it was Pakhi who shrieked like a banshee. Her heart was beating like she was running a marathon.

Vardhan- Pakhi I know this is very unexpected for you but can we talk in private.

Pakhi was too shocked to react, she looked at her grandmother who nods her head and Pakhi asked him to follow her.

Dadi Maa- Veer beta , all this, I mean Beta we haven't thought anything about Pakhi's marriage. It's just a week before you and Aaru got married now this. I am not able to understand anything.

Veer- Dadi, yesterday Vardhan told us about his decision of marrying Pakhi. Maa was aganist this, but me and Papa thought why not let Pakhi decide what she wants. Don't worry Vardhan is a very nice boy.

Dadi maa- Veer i know vardhan will be a good choice for my Pakhi afterall he is your brother. But why Nandini is not in favour of this Marriage. That is my main concern Veer.

Veer- because of Vardhan's past. Dadi Maa Vardhan had suffered alot in his past and maa is scared that his past might hurt Pakhi.

Indrani devi understood what Veer was trying to say. She knew about that night , she was the one who handled Nandini, how broken she was seeing her son in that state. But she is happy knowing that even though this marriage will help her son , she is thinking about Pakhi and her happiness.

Dadi Maa- I know veer, I know everything. You are right let them both decide what their want. She put her hand on his head and start caressing it. Veer also laid his head on her lap. His mind was clouded , he was guilty , he was happy and he was sad. He closes his eyes and waited for their decision.

Pakhi and Vardhan entered in her room. She asked him if he want anyting but he refused.

Pakhi- Vardhan, this isn't a prank right. Look i know i annoyed you alot during marriage and also put many pranks on you, but you can't take revenge like this. This is against rules okay. Wait after marrying you'll treat me like a slave to punish me for my pranks right. Pakhi was speaking whatever was coming in her mind.

Vardhan- so this is what you thought when i asked you to marry. Vardhan asked with a smirk. This girl is really something. She is dumb and stupid but at the same time brave and mature. She doesn't hesitate to speak whatever there is in her mind.

Pakhi- ofcourse, otherwise why would you want to marry me. Me a poor girl with golden heart. A sweet little cute girl.

Vardhan- Pakhi you are not sweet or cute and definently you dont have any golden heart. Stop praising yourself.

Pakhi stood in front of him, oohh really Mr. stoic Faced Vardhan care to explain than why you want to marry me. Me...

before Pakhi can come up with any other compliment for herself, vardhan spoke. Will you please shut your mouth so that i can speak Pakhi.

Pakhi understood that she indeed was the only one speaking , so she calmed herself down and asked him to continue.

Pakhi i want your help.

Pakhi heart clenched hearing his desperate plea. Vardhan the most feared and powerful man, the man she loved since her childhood, seeing him like this , her heart was aching. She wanted to comfort him and tell him that everything is going to be fine. She is there with him , for him.