• ¹² •

Because Noah didn't visited his parents last month, his mom asked him to meet them this week, taking a break from school. So, Noah had no choice.

He told Cole in advance that he might be gone for about a week.

"Ask Lexi to accompany you or something"

"Gladly"

"Just don't dirty the sheets."

Noah makes his way to the airport, and purchases a pre-booked ticket to Canada. After a long flight, he finally landed in Canada, breathing in the fresh air of his born place.

It took him another half an hour to make it to his house. He stands at the front of his house, still hesitant to ring the doorbell or not, but then Noah's mom opens the door and she flashed her lovely smile.

"Noah!" his mom enveloped him in a hug, tip toeing to match his extreme height.

"I'm sorry I didn't came last month." He said, returning her hug.

"Dad's here?"

"Its okay. And he's in the kitchen, waiting. Let's go?"

Noah nodded, letting his mom pull him by the arm as he drags his suitcase along. His father walks towards him and gives him a tight hug including a pat on the back.

After settling down in his room and freshening up, Noah makes his way to the dining table where the housekeeper's serving dinner and his parents both seated at the dining table.

Noah takes a seat in front on the
two. While eating, they asked Noah about school and how he's been doing, and vice versa. it was a happy moment for him, talking with his family, Ilike how they should be, that's until his dad brings up about the family's business.

"How's Lia doing? You guys are dating right?"

Have I mentioned that Noah's father and
Lia's father are best business friends?

"Fine." He answered, bluntly.

"Then let's get straight to the point" Noah's father said, arms crossed.

Noah took a glimpse at his mom, who was looking uncomfortable suddenly.

"Are you okay mom-"

"Noah we're thinking of an arranged marriage."

Noah instantly looks back at his father, whose face was half serious and half smiling.

"Huh?"

"With Lia. It'd be good for the company. With this marriage, we can form a partnership."

"Dad, this isn't twentieth century, what the fuck do you mean arranged marriage?"

"Language, Noah." His mom shushes him.

"Well, okay, arranged marriage or not, the both of you are together. Why are you refusing?" Noah's dad asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Do you know how old l am? I'm 18. I have a soulmate and it isn't her."

"That soulmate thing is all bullshit Noah. Look at me and your mom. We're definitely fine."

Noah shook his head. "Well, I'm not going to be like you."

"Noah-" His mom caresses his hand.

"Like it or not, you will get married. Lia already signed the contract."

"She what?"

"And you will sign the contract. We want to seal the deal ASAP The engagement is in a month. End of discussion."