Chapter 3: Quoth the Raven "Nevermore."

Cars and people packed Coldfire Street. It is always busy in Vlopolis, no matter what day it was or what time of the year it was. People were always shopping, going to work, walking around, and doing other things. 

        Mercury pushed the revolving door of Griffin Tower and walked through the huge lobby to her office down the hallway on the first floor. She unlocked her office door with a red key and tossed her computer bag on a black sofa near her desk. Maybe I should move my bag, there are going to be some clients coming in here soon. Mercury picked up her computer bag again and slid it underneath her desk. She scanned around the room, wondering if she should clean it or not. Papers and pens littered her desk, small rays of sunlight that peeked through the blinds exposed dust floating around the room, and two coats laid on the floor beneath a wooden coat rack. Yeah, I should clean. She immediately cleared her desk, picked up the two coats, hung them on the rack, took a duster from the top drawer of one of her filing cabinets, and dusted the whole office. It's too dark in here. She opened the blinds of her window and put away the duster. Okay, much better.

        A clock on the wall showed the time was 10:00 a.m., and Mercury had a meeting in twenty minutes. At her desk, she unzipped her computer bag and pulled out a black computer. She sat down in her leather chair and logged into her computer, scrolling through business files until it was time for the meeting.

        A knock from the door caught Mercury's attention. She glanced at the time on her computer: 10:20 a.m. "Come in!" she announced. A man in a light blue shirt and tan khaki pants walked into the office, along with his wife, who was wearing a light yellow dress. The man had curly brown hair and brown eyes, and the woman had blonde hair with blue eyes. Mercury stood up from her chair and reached her hand out to the man and woman. "Hi, my name is Mercury Wolverson, nice to meet you," she said cheerfully. 

        "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Jaxon," the man said as he shook her hand. 

        The woman also shook her hand and said, "I'm Riella." 

        "Please, sit down," Mercury gestured toward the two chairs in front of her desk. The couple sat down in the chairs while she took out a pen and notebook. "So I want to get to know a little bit about your current home before we get into the more exciting tasks of designing. First off, tell me the condition of your house, and how do you feel about it?" she began. 

        "Our home is very tiny. There are two bedrooms and two bathrooms, and a too-small living room. The house was made in 2037, so it's been having some issues for a while," -Mercury took out a pen and paper and noted what Riella said- "and we do not like the house at all. The only reason we bought it ten years ago was that we wanted a farm outside of Vlopolis and our current home was the only house to have a good amount of land with it."   

        "What gave you the inspiration to build your new house?"

        "We want a bigger house for our farm, so we can have more people come over, we can have parties there, and we just want more room for guests and our kids," Jaxon listed.

        She continued to write down what they told her. "Where do you want this new house built?"

        "460 Pinegrove Road, Alma, Georgia," Jaxon confirmed.

        "460 Pinegrove Road, Alma, Georgia...," she repeated slowly while jotting the address down. "Okay, now what size are you seeking for the house?"

        "We want it to be two-story, with four bedrooms and four bathrooms, and it will be 3,952 square feet. It will be seventy-two feet and ten inches wide and seventy-eight feet and two inches deep," Riella described. 

        She recorded what Jaxon and Riella said during the whole meeting. When the meeting was over, Mercury shook their hands once again and escorted them out the door.