24.

"Come on, you look great." He tries once more.

"I'm not sure. Maybe I should change into something else."

"But then we wouldn't be matching anymore," he pouts, "you look incredible. Everyone will be blown away when they see you."

But don't you understand that's the last thing I want—people to look at me.

I had a bit of a freak out when I woke up this morning. I woke up alone this morning, surprisingly. Del and I don't sleep together every night despite living in the same building. When I woke up knowing, that today it is October 31st, otherwise known as Halloween, I panicked.

The dressing up, the house party, the clubbing. The attention. It all caused a mental freak out.

I had rushed into the shower, hoping I could calm down, hoping Chase would be there. I wished he could calm me down. But he wasn't there. I haven't sung or spoken with him in so long now. Not that that is surprising, we always meet up at different times—we have no such thing as a shower schedule.

"I know you're nervous, but I'll be there; with you. I'll stay by your side, make you feel comfortable, alright?" He says sweetly.

He must've seen the panic in my eyes while I doubt everything again.

"Okay," I nod and speak lowly.

His big hand is cupping my cheek, his thumb slowly stroking over my cheekbone.

"You know if you become a runaway bride, just know I'll chase you." He jokes.

"How about we elope and not go out at all." I join his playfulness.

In reaction, he just laughs and leans in to kiss the tip of my nose and then my forehead. His hands come around me, moving down and letting them go under the short skirt I'm wearing today, Del's warm palms on my butt over the material of the lingerie set I'm wearing.

"Nice try, ice baby. Now let's go, we're going to be late. You'll stay attached to me by the hip. We're newlyweds not able to let go of each other; that comes with the package of dressing up as bride and groom." He winks.

"Alright," I say.

He taps my ass before he steps back. He takes my hand and pulls me out of the door.

We quickly get to the frat house where the party is. We walked there since Del obviously is going to drink tonight. It's Halloween, and he doesn't have practice tomorrow. He needs to take the opportunity when he gets it.

We walk as bride and groom, earning some looks from across the room. I feel a slight discomfort at our entrance, but it quickly fades as Gabe jumps in front of us.

He has a big smile showing off his two pointy teeth, ready to drain blood from someone's neck. His pale makeup and dark eyeshadow finish off his vampire look.

"Hey, you look great!" I say first as I admire his look. I swear, seriously, it looks professionally done. "Who did your makeup?"

"Did it myself, of course," he smiles proudly and takes a gulp from the drink he has in his hand. "You yourself look amazing as well. Even your brooding groom looks alright."

I smile at Gabe, but then I turn to look at Del, and the expression on his face has slightly hardened. I take his hand and softly stroke my thumb over his knuckles. I don't know why every time I interact with Gabe—Del gets so agitated.

"Anyways..." he trails off, "I don't see a drink in your hands. We're doing shots. Come on." He says and pulls me along with him by my free hand while I keep ahold of Del with my other.