07.

Tiredly I trudge into my dorm. All the new impressions I got today on the team have tired me out. It's not that I did much but getting adjusted to new situations just takes a lot of energy out of me.

I go into the bathroom to take my makeup off and wash my face after this long day.

As I stand there looking at myself in the mirror, I hear the shower on the other side turn on. First, I think it's one of his roommates. But soon enough, I hear loud music, and someone starts singing.

It's a song by The Weeknd. And Chase's voice perfectly sings the lyrics.

I wonder if he does it with hopes of me singing back each time or if he enjoys regularly singing in the shower—I used to be the latter, but now I'm always hoping to hear someone duet it with me.

I keep quiet, enjoying listening to him sing while taking off my makeup and applying my skincare products.

Interesting to see what music he is into. I don't know much about him, but I feel like someone's music taste can tell a lot about them.

Before I leave the bathroom, I can't help but walk up to the shower. I get in only to scream, "Woohoo, let's go Starboy," cheering him on and letting him know my presence.

"Nightingale, I should've expected you to be secretly listening to me." He screams back through the vent, stopping his song.

"Was enjoying the private concert, but I'll catch you later. I need to go," I say to my disappointment.

The thing about joining the hockey team is—I still need to make time to do my schoolwork. I don't want to neglect my schoolwork simply because I got the opportunity to do something on the side—I need to get a degree in the end.

I have no regrets about joining the team just yet. The boys seem sweet, and even Del is starting to warm up to me now. Not to mention I'm meeting him tomorrow, for a... date?

"Alright catch you later babe." I hear him scream back before I leave the room and he continues taking his shower.

Can I even go on a date with Del if I also have this sexual thing with shower boy?

I still haven't gotten over that one steamy session we had, where things had gotten a little heated. We haven't had a like that moment ever since, but I'm also not sure if I want it to happen or not. I know if we do, I will catch feelings for him. However, that's not something I can't afford. 

I need it to stay anonymous and have fun.

I get so much energy out of having fun singing with him, and I'm afraid it would all blow up in my face if it ever became something more than just two strangers singing in the shower. Nevertheless, I must say, if he starts trying something—I am not saying I will turn it down.

I only want to get to know him for now.

I'm indecisive about what I want it to be. Because right now, I'm saying two different things. I don't know what holds more truth behind it.

On my way back to my room, I run into Oliver and Amanda, seated in the kitchen together.

"There is our little hockey star," Amanda says as she watches me arrive.

I've always liked Amanda, from the beginning she has always been very encouraging of the things I do. She is just this bright spirit who is always optimistic and watches life through rose-colored glasses.

She and Oli are close as Amanda is best friends with his girlfriend, Nessa. She is also the one who introduced the two.

"I got a few requests for your phone number Ki," Oliver says.