13

AND THESE ARE THE MOMENTS

━━━━━━━━━━━━

                 Park Sunghoon and Jay waited for Heeseung and Jake in the open parking lot - The two of them were still crowded with journalists asking a bunch of questions and doing some short pictures and interviews, Sunghoon still remembers the time how exhausting it was to engage with them - he has a limit to where he could take any of them and some of them would be pissed off he wouldn't interact.

But this was Heeseung's moment and this was Heeseung's time - he deserves to be acknowledged by the world. "How does it feel seeing him in his first glory?" Jay asked, arms over his chest while his frame leaned against the hood of the car.

Yeah, How did he feel? He was once in the same position as him, he was once a nobody until he found figure skating home for passion, Sunghoon looked at his pair of legs, the legs that were once glorious in the rink, it still felt surreal how he fell from rock-bottom, retired too soon hiding from media out of the blue, grieving to what is, loss. But in any case, He didn't feel anything when he sees Heeseung on that ice, with the media, with people taking pictures of him, except a lightweight in his heart, proud as so - he shaped him, he trained him, he was his coach so how did he feel? "Hmmm... he's like a bird flying out of his nest - I feel composed. . ."

"I'll be your legs, We can be a dream." Heeseung's voice echoed in his mind.

Minutes later, Heeseung and Jake walked toward the car where they were waiting. "Hey, sorry to let you wait, was kind of busy - and some other teams were talking about the Spring Festival Olympics or something which is next week."

"And you wouldn't believe how many questions they asked me when I'm not even the coach." said Jake as he wiped away his sweat - Jay patted his shoulder for comfort and said, "Good job man, you're acting skills looked so real it really looked like you were his coach."

"Hardiharhar, Jay. . ."

"The real coach needs to face them - the next time. . ."

"I'll pass –. . ." Sunghoon raised his hands in surrender, again, he wasn't ready to face them.

"Alright - Let's go grab dinner back at the Hotel, it was a great show today. I'll go set up the car and load everything on the trunk then we'll be good to go, Come and help me, Jake. Congrats again Heeseung Hyung."

"Thanks, Jay. . ."

Jay and Jake loaded the things and Sunghoon was left with Heeseung right beside him, he inhaled deeply before speaking. "Congrats, You did great out there - though I admit I wished I could teach you more what I have uh. . . learned from books yet you bumped into crippled old me."

"Hey not a big deal, you were more than a big help to me coach, I wouldn't be wearing this medal, my first medal without you," Heeseung replied, leaving Sunghoon in a faint sided-smile, he spotted the ring that he gave him and thought maybe this was he made for. Just when he was about to speak, Heeseung handed him the bouquet of flowers to him - he was confused, cocking his eyebrows to look at him, What was he doing? he thought.

"For you coach. . ." and he swears that he saw his eyes glimmer like the stars canvas of the night.

"What? No, no I can't accept that - that's yours, what's gotten –"

Heeseung took hold of his arm, allowing him to receive the bouquet and he could have sworn that his ears turned red probably because of the cold night and the breeze that brushed against his bare face. "It's my token of appreciation." and there he was smiling again that darn smile, enough to melt the world. He was left speechless, staring at the bouquet what was he doing? He thought again - accepting this felt like receiving an award on stage.

But it came from Heeseung and it felt kind of different in some way —. . .

"Alright car's loaded and let's head off the night is still young let us treat ourselves with some hot ramen and chicken tarts!" yelled Jake as he dragged Sunghoon's wheelchair helping him up the car.

The night was indeed still young like this single flower still wrapped in a bud.