PROLOGUE

STOP ME,AND STEAL MY BREATH

STOP ME,
AND STEAL MY BREATH

━━━━━━━━━━━

         The night wasn't as calm as Park Sunghoon thought it would be, heavy rain poured from the heavens like massive drips of hale — the drips of raindrops hitting the roof of their vehicle felt like a huge pack of ice that anytime soon would make a gash on their canopy.

The road to the airport was not bittersweet, the screech of the tires could be heard even from inside the car, and the pavements of puddles splashed the window of their car in a huge amount of water, yet that didn't stop them from their flight schedule to Russia for the Grand Prix Final Olympics. Park Sunghoon had prepared for this moment for almost his entire life. was this his dream or was this even a dream?

But finally, this was it! This is what he was waiting for.

Being a figure skater was like all he could have ever imagined; youth had called out to him that this field would impact him forever.

Throughout the years of his life, he felt the happiest when he glided his way through the thick ice, the cold rink, and the beat of the soft melody. There was no doubt that this Grand Prix final was a moment of truth for him — a moment to showcase the best within him throughout the life history of figure skating.

Park Sunghoon, known by the stage name "The Ice Knight," earned his title through his unparalleled mastery of self-defense on the icy stage. Throughout every Olympic event and competition, he consistently upheld his reputation, never faltering in his quest to claim the title and secure his position.

As their vehicle continues to drive through the airport on a foggy and rainy night, he prays that this night would go around safely and steadily, the road up ahead was too slippery and they were barely even halfway to reaching their destination.

"Remember Sunghoon this is the Grand Prix Finals, this is not one of those District and Regional Competitions that we have in South Korea, figure skaters from all around the world would be present. So please give your all." said his coach who was sitting right beside him, Sunghoon was silent and just nodded at his coach's advice. Of course, he will give it his all, he has prepared for this moment for his entire time of living, not only that, he will be representing the whole Republic of South Korea.

He can hear it already; his name being called by the emcee. 'Representing the Republic of Korea, Sunghoon Park.'  It's something that he would be looking forward to happening and he never had imagined that this day had come. "No pressure Sunghoon," said his mom who was sitting in the shotgun seat, his number one supporter — without her pushing him through his life as an ice skater, he may not have fulfilled this field of profession. But there are times when he ponders what life would be like when he isn't dancing in the ice rink, what life would be; when all of a sudden, he retires from his first love. Or even embittered by a hint of not loving ice skating?