chapter fifteen

I dont even know for how long i have been sleeping. Ellen woke me up for me to take some meds but then i blacked out again.

I felt a hand wrap around me. So i opened my eyes. Jack was next to me.

"Oh, i didnt mean to wake you" he sounded like he was gonna pass out any minute now.
"Dont worry, its fine. I have been sleeping all day"
"How are you feeling?" He asked.

And then i thought about it. I felt good. I felt like a person again. My head wasnt pounding. I wasnt very cold, but i was wearing like 3 layers of jacks sweatshirts. But it also felt like i slept for a week straight.

"I feel a lot better. Like a person again" i said. And jack just laughed about the way i described it.

"What time is it?"
"8.24pm, i just got back from practice"
"Aww little jacky is tired?" I asked in the most mocking way possible.
"Ha ha, really funny. But yes, im tired."

"Do you think its too late for dinner?" I asked.
"Its never too late for food" jack said and got out of the bed.

When i stood up, it went black. So i just sat back down on the bed until i could see again.
"Oh dear god, are you okay?" Jack ran over the second i sat down.
"Yea, i just havent had a real meal in like two or three days. So my iron is a bit low"
"Well thats not good. But we will change that, lets go down the stairs, i think mom made chilli tonight, we'll eat, and it will be fine after that." He said taking my hand and bringing me back on my feet.

I could see again, thank god. We started walking but jack hand remeind around my shoulders.
"Jack, i can walk by myself."
"I dont trust you, one moment you are fine, the second you are falling down the staris. That aint happening on my watch." He said as we walked down the stairs.

We got to the kitchen and i saw that luke and jim were watching tv.
"AND SHES ALIVE" luke yelled from the couch when he saw me.
"Haha very funny." I said and i sat down on the kitchen island.

Jack and i had dinner. We ate, we talked, it was friday so we watched the sturnolio triplets new video together.
Jack phone kept buzzing, at first he ignored it, but got so out of control, that he just cheked it.
Shit jack mouthed, without sound.
"What?" I asked. A lot of things about jack have changed over the years about him, but i knew the face he was making. He forgot about something, about something important.
"What did you forget jack?"
"Sooo... the thing is" he said looking over at me, but the doorbell rang.

He gave me 'i am so sorry' smile, got up and went to the door. I didnt really care so i just kept eatting and watching the video.

But a group of teenage boys walked in. Great, i look horrible, i smell, and i was in jacks clothes. Awsome.

I looked there way and i saw, a tall guy who gave off golden retriver vibes and he had a nice big smile on his face, a guy who was shorter then them all but cute, and...fuck. one of the dudes is alex. That is nice, i actually liked him, and now he is seeing me like this. Ohh and quinn.

"Melly, what are you doing here? And why the hell do you have this dipshits hooddie on, you know im the best hughes" quinn said and that made me laugh.
"Sorry quinn but i dont remember you giving me any of your clothes." I said still trying to ignore all the hot teenage boys staring at me.
"You never asked" he said
"The thing is, i didnt need to ask jack"

"Ohh, guys, this is Mell... uhh this is Madelyn, Madelyn, that is trevor, that is cole and i guess you already know alex"
"Hi guys" i said.
"I didnt know hughes had a hot sister" said trevor.
"Im not. We have been my best friend since we were kids. Well till he moved."
"Ohh, well its nice to meet you madelyn." Cole said with a cute smile.
"Call me mads, or maddie, or think of something original, just dont call me madelyn" i said.

"Okay, so 'mad max' it is" trevor said as he sat down next to me. "Where do you live?"
"Next door"
"Then why are you here at 9pm... wait."trevor said looking at jack " no way you got a girlfriend" he said to jack.

"Noo" jack and i said in unison.
"Her parents are away on work stuff, and she got sick as fuck. So shes been living with us the past few days so mom could take care of her"

"So thats why you look like crap" quinn said as he took a bowl out of the cabinet. "Heyy, you have seen me in worst conditions." I said to him.

"And can i ask why are you guys here at nine pm?" I asked and looked at trevor.
"Its friday night. And jacks house is the hang out spot on fridays." He said. "We are gonna play video games, ping pong, also pizza is on its way here. Uhh... mad max wanna maybe join us?"

"Uhh... if you guys dont mind, then i guess yea. But only if i wont ruin your night." I said.
"Trust me, if you are not luke, then you wont ruin our night" said quinn as he started to eat his luckey charms.
"Heyyy" luke yelled from the couch. And we just laughed at him.

"Okay, then. Lets get this started" cole said.
"Lets goo baby" jack said his saying and we went down to the basment.

back to you | jack hughesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara