Ch 10

"Come on you damn thing." The man thought to himself.

It had been a minute since the man tried to get the creature into the cage. He wasn't very good with animals in general, and he had no clue if this would even work.

He was just standing guard in front of a nearby lab door before one of the scientists asked him to capture the thing that apparently just hatched. He had never seen anything like it before, and he intended to be cautious.

Growing impatient, he had started inching towards it. For most animals, moving towards them slowly was the best way to get as close as possible. Once he was within range, he would chance it and grab it before it could react.

"Pspspspspspsp!" He called out to it again.

The creature wasn't really doing anything, but it never took its eyes off him. It was just standing there, making the man wonder if he should charge it now.

"Eweo?" The thing spoke, its voice having an echo to it.

"That's right. I'm not going to hurt you." The man responded.

The creature suddenly took a step forward, making the man quickly stop. Its head tilted as it was appearing to become curious, but still cautious. The man was ready for whatever the creature tried to do, but what happened next took him by surprise.

The creature showed a smile on its face and began rolling on the ground. It went from being cautious of the man to not caring about his presence at all. He could hear various sounds coming from it, likely sounds of happiness. The creature's tail caught its attention and began batting it. The man wasn't sure what to say, but he saw this as the opportunity he was looking for.

He began approaching it again, and the creature showed no interest in that. It just kept playing around like it was by itself. The man had part of him that was actually curious about what the creature would do if left alone, but he had orders he needed to follow.

He was eventually less than two feet away from the creature and could reach it. The creature continued playing with itself while he got closer and was still ignoring his presence. He wondered if he should try to convince it to enter the cage or use force.

"Let's see if it is willing to go willingly." The man thought as he tapped on the glass cage. This action attracted the attention of the creature towards him.

"C'mere. Come into the glass box." The man said in his best cheerful tone.

The creature became interested in the box before it and slowly moved forward. He could see its nose twitching a little as it was smelling the fruit within. The man couldn't smell it, which showed this thing had a decent sense of smell.

The closer the creature was, the closer the man moved his hand towards the cage door. The moment the creature entered inside, he knew it would require swift action to capture it. If he missed this time, it wouldn't be very easy to get close to the next.

The creature was now standing just in front of the cage door. It had stopped there and sniffed the air around it. The man was tempted to just grab the thing and throw it in to wrap this up. Patience was a virtue, but getting the creature as soon as possible was more important.

The creature was about to take a step into the cage, but instead of walking forward, it did something else.

The creature had jumped high into the air, much higher than a normal human could jump. The man said nothing as he watched the creature reach eye level and was flying right at him. He had no time to react as the creature clenched its hand into a fist and slugged him in the nose without mercy.