Ch 8

Elsewhere within the base, Mr. A was in a room by himself.  The room was small and cramped due to the junk that laid everywhere, but it was no shock as it was his personal lab.  A room where he took whatever he believed was necessary in order to perform experiments that he deemed complex to the other scientists.

"Steady...steady...".  He muttered to himself as he carefully moved his hands.

The project in front of him resembled a glove, but it was far from a normal one due to all the metal and blue lights that covered it.  It was composed of many fragments of alien tech he had received from central and was making use of it.  What was once nothing more than pieces of junk was in the process of being turned into something else. 

Through a magnifying glass, he slowly began to connect tiny wires to each other.  He considered this to be one of the most important, and also most dangerous steps for the project.  The wires he was connecting were attached to a small power source.  With the aid of alien tech, the power source was in the shape of a battery that surpassed any other battery known to exist. Not only did it have more power and lasted longer, it didn't leak any battery acid. 

He had connected most of the wires and only needed to do one more.  One wire poked out from the many intertwined wires that he previously connected.  He didn't think about the possibility of him messing this up.  He had done other things that were much more difficult than this, and he wasn't going to fail because of a little wire.

Grabbing the tiny wire with his tweezer, he began to slowly move it towards its destination.  Besides the other wires were sensitive parts of the glove that, if the wire touched in a certain way, could cause an explosion.  With very little space between everything, he didn't show any signs of worry or anxiousness.

"Almost there..."  He thought as he was now very close to connecting it. 

Taking a small risk, he quickly moved it forward and connected it.  He secured the wire into the hole, preventing it from disconnecting during use.  He then went over to a screen that displayed the status of the glove and checked to see if everything was working properly.  He was 100% confident that it was, but even though he was certain, double checking could prevent an incident. 

With the press of a single button, a lot of information appeared on the screen.  The information showed that the current state of the glove was in good condition.  The internal circuits were stable, the exterior was durable and sturdy, and the glove was now powered up with the wires all connected.  The glove was ready to be used, and he wasn't going to wait. 

He closed a small hatch on the glove where he was able to reach around with the wires.  He then held it with his left hand since the glove was tight handed.  A big grin formed on his face as he began sliding it onto him.

"This will be just one of many things that will benefit everyone, but especially me!"  He said to himself as it was nearly on him. 

'SLAM!!'

The sound of a door being roughly opened exploded in the room.  It made Mr. A jump and nearly made him lose the glove on his hand.  He turned around to see a man that was like every other scientist in the base. 

"Mr. A, I have something important to tell you!"  The man said as he rushed over.  He stopped a few feet before him and noticed that Mr. A was staring at him

"You know, Winston, you're really lucky that you didn't come in here 15 seconds earlier or this place could've been ignited into flames."  He said to him.

"What do you...uhh... I'm sorry?"  Winston said, confused about what he said could've happened.

"Whatever.  What is so important you need to come barging into here!?"  Mr. A asked as he took the glove off and placed it back on the table.