Nine

I watch as Harden brings his foot up and sends it into the door. The door goes crumbling down.

"Harden!" I scold.

"She might not know anything."

"She had to have known what your dad was doing to you." He reasons. I follow behind him and see my Aunt staring at me from a chair in the living room.

"What the hell are you doing here? I thought your dad sold your worthless ass." She says making me freeze. 'She knew?' I asked myself. I turned around and walked back to Harden who stood a few feet away.

"She's all yours." I whisper and he nods. I quickly walk back to the truck, but I don't miss hearing her screams. I hastily shut the door to drown out her screams. I wait for ten minutes before Harden comes out sweaty and with blood on his shirt.

"She said the Taylor's provided him with a cabin in the woods. We can check it out tomorrow. For now let's head home."

"Is she alive?" Is all I ask.

"She'll me it."

"Take your shirt off."

"Okay." He says with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"I'm sorry but I don't like seeing you covered in my Aunt's blood."

"Sorry." He mutters taking the shirt off. I can't help but stare at his toned chest as he drives us home.

"Your staring."

"I am." I confirm. He laughs.

"You've gotten so cocky." I laugh at the pun. He reaches over and puts his large hand on my thigh. I lean my head against the window and enjoy his touch. The cold window feels nice on my hot face.

I start to think about everyone I've lost my mom, my grandma, Kyle, and even my dad. I see tears falling down my cheeks in the reflection of the window. I set my hand on top of Harden's, that's on my leg. He looks over and sees the tears.

"Are you going to be okay?"

"I'm sure someday I will be." I answer. He scoffs, almost a laugh. He moves his hand from my thigh to my head, where he runs his fingers through my hair before returning it to its previous spot on my leg. When we get home, we go straight to the bathroom and shower. We both get out and dry off before slipping into comfy clothes. We walk over and climb onto our big bed.

"I want to know more about you." I state.

"Ok, like what."

"Umm what's your full name?"

"Harden Jax Black."

"How old are you."

"21."

Do you care how deep these questions get?"

"Of course not angel, I will tell you anything and everything."

"What happened with your parents?"

"Well they got in a car accident when I was 15 so then I lived with Marie, Devin, and Miles until I turned 18."

"Did you like living with them?"

"Yeah, they were always gone on business, but we were 15, we didn't need babysat. I nodded.

"Do you have any siblings?"

"Nope."

"What made you want to join the mafia?"

"Well when me and Miles were younger, we always talked about it, and we helped out Devin quite often. But when Miles took over a few months ago and asked me to be his right hand man, I couldn't turn him down."