chapter 5

I held my legs closer to my chest and I pushed my head down.

I started sobbing. I was scared of the thunders and the dark.

I heard a car driving towards me. I looked up to see a familiar car. It was Logan's car.

I saw the car door opening and a head peaking out. I couldn't really see the face as it was dark. Soon a huge figure came out of the car and started coming towards me getting wet in the process.

A cold but soft and a familiar voice rang through my ears.

Logan: "come on bun get in the car quickly."

I recognized the voice immediately. It was Logan. He sounded so unusual. He calls me 'bun' when I'm very upset.

I did not move an inch and did not utter a single word.

We both were silent for a minute.

Logan squatted down near me and caressed my head for a while.

He stopped placing his hand on my shoulder and spoke.

Logan: "I know your upset. Let's have talk when we reach back home alright?"

I couldn't hold myself back anymore and fired.

Aurora: "you know what? I can't do this anymore. I fucking hate living like this. All of my friends hang out after school. They skip school and have fun at times. It hurts to just stay back in the classroom and pretend like everything is okay. I want to hangout after school too but I can't. Because you won't let me. And when I lie? These are the consequences. I'd rather live on the streets. I don't want to go back in that house. Ever again.

I know I sounded impractical right at that moment but I really needed freedom.

Logan let out a heavy sigh and spoke.

Logan: " okay. I understand alright? Let's go come on."

Aurora: " do you think I'm a joke?" I said scoffing in disbelief.

Logan: " please aurora. You've to understand our side too. We're afraid to lose you. We love you a lot and we can't help but restrict you from doing some things. We do that to protect you.

I stayed silent.

We both were still in the same positions as before.

Suddenly I felt a hand pick me up (bridal style ofc lol).

I was too tired to fight back. I was shivering.

Logan placed me on the passenger's seat and placed the seat belt on me. He got in the car and started driving. We soon reached our home. Logan parked in the garage and opened the passenger's seat door. He offered me his hand. I huffed like a five year old(lol) and got out of the car ignoring the offer.

He softly held my hand and we got into the house in the living room.

I got a sight of worried faces which now somewhat looked relieved.

Lorenzo marched towards me and squeezed me a bone breaking tight hug. Blocking my oxygen intake in the process.

He spoke.

Lorenzo: " you scared the shit out off me aurora. Thank God you're safe.

I stayed silent. Lorenzo slowly broke the hug and held my head in his big hands. He softly kissed my forehead.

I was so embarrassed by my previous actions and I was still angry at Logan.

I started walking towards my room and surprisingly nobody stopped me. That was very unusual. I entered my room, locking the door behind me I went straight into the bathroom for a warm bath.

I stayed inside the warm water filled bathtub for quite a while. It really helped me relax. I almost fell asleep in the tub. I got out of the tub and dried myself. I dressed myself and plopped down on my bed. As soon as I got the warmth of my blanket I fell asleep.

That's it for today's chapter y'all.

Thank you for all the support.