Chapter 16

"I used to be one of them. The Lost Boys. My nickname was Eagle. There was an older boy there as well, Sparrow. Sparrow never seemed to be happy here. He'd often tell us about his younger sisters and his life before Peter brought him here. One night I heard them fighting after I got up to get some water. Sparrow wanted to go home, he was begging. Peter dragged him out of the base and I followed. He was angry. He took him to a cave, just around the edge of mermaid beach. There he..." 

Edwin paused, his face scrunched from the painful memories. You could almost guess what happened to him but didn't want to believe it. Peter wouldn't do something like that... right? "He's gone now. Sparrow. I heard as he screamed for help. Peter found me trying to get to the cave. He was covered in blood. As punishment he cut off my hand and I fell into the sea. The mermaids tried to help me." He held up his hooked hand, the metal glinting in the light. "I've never really gotten used to it. The rest of the boys I managed to save have truly saved my life." 

Your head spun. Peter... he was... a killer? "But then... Goose... Peter said that he brought him back to England." Edwin gave you a sad look. "I'm sorry. I didn't get there in time for him." 

Your eyes blurred as your mind worked a mile a minute. Distantly you heard the cabin door open. When you suddenly felt a hand on your shoulder you flinched back. As you focused back in, your eyes widened in shock. In front of you was a girl. She had shoulder length brown hair and a few scars on her face. Her left eye was covered with an eyepatch. "My name is Wendy and you're Y/N. I think we also have some talking to do."

----------------------------------------------------------

In the time since you'd been missing the Lost Boys had been panicking. They wanted to search the forest but it was dangerous at night which only made them feel worse. Could you have drowned? Were you lost? They didn't know what to do so Blue Jay had taken charge, ordering them to bed. All they could do was wait for Peter to return in the morning. After all, if anyone would be able to find you it would be Peter.