Chapter 62: Harper

A/N: Mature content. 🙂🙃🤪

My ass passed out asleep not five minutes after Jake shut and locked the door behind him. Before that, I got up, removed the corset, and breathed freely. While beautiful and supportive in all the right jiggly places, it was not comfortable for sleeping.

I might have also opened my revenge bag and possibly put some itching powder into his dresser's underwear drawer, just the right-hand side. I might also possibly possibly nudged the laptop on his desk and signed his email up for Viagra coupons.

Can't not have a little payback.

With a smirk, I climbed back into his bed. The still-warm sheets smelled musky like sweaty sex but I buried my face into his stupidly nice-shampoo smelling pillow, dragged his comforter up to my cheek, and closed my heavy-lidded eyes.

An unknown amount of time later, a large hand trailed over the top of my head. With soft movements, it dragged down to the nape of my neck and swept a few strands of my hair behind my ear. With a most likely unattractive grunt, I rolled onto my side and fluttered my eyes open.

"Hey..." Jake's quiet voice, followed by a soft press against my forehead, stirred me out of my sleep.

I blinked my eyes open and realized his face hovered so close that our noses almost brushed. Even from a laid-down position, my shoulders tensed, spine locked up, and I screamed out, "Ahh!!"

"Fuck, it's just me." One of his hands clamped over my mouth and a mix of annoyance and amusement flickered in his dark eyes.

Blink by blink, Jake's eyes darkened as they roamed over the fact I'd peeled off the lingerie set. With one tug against the sheets, he revealed my completely naked body and inhaled sharply.

A shiver trembled down my spine and goosebumps rose over my skin, but heat rose inside me. His eyes traveled from my face downward and lingered for the longest on my bare breasts. They tingled and filled with a fullness sensation when his lips parted and the tip of his tongue flicked out quickly.

"I screamed my foreplay part," I teased with batted eyelashes and pushed myself up onto my palms. "Why are you still dressed?"

"Wondering that myself." He flashed me a grin and stripped down faster than I knew was humanly possible. With an unexpected softness in his deep voice, his eyes lingered on a couple of small, round bruises on my hips. "Are you okay? Earlier we -"

"Went through a warmup," I assured him as heat pulsed between my legs. With a coy smile, I curled my index finger at him, and he obliged. The bed dipped down as he sat, so I slipped my legs off and leaned close enough my left nipple brushed against his bicep.

Instead of against me like I'd expected, Jake's naked ass sank on the bed next to me. His thigh was easily twice the size of mine and his erection only swelled up to half-mast. With a low groan, his back and shoulders rounded and slumped.

"Rough practice?" I looked over the obvious knots of tension in his shoulders.

"Yeah." He absently rubbed his hands on the back of his neck, so I curled my knees up then maneuvered around until my knees straddled his ass.

Which, for the record, is still fat.

Like a dump truck on its way to the landfill.

Jake's shoulders were clenched rock-hard as I gently poked the tips of my fingers into them, then moved up the back of his neck. I stroked through the longer strands of his hair, then rubbed small circles into his scalp. Once his eyes closed, I pressed up and down the corded muscles that strained the sides and center of his neck.