day 5

3:00 am

her table is empty, the coffee i made for her sitting with a foam cat. she's late.

ding 3:10 am

she's here. this time, wearing not her usual clothes. which would consist of a sweater and jeans, or sweaters and leggings.

instead- she's wearing shorts. it's fucking freezing outside and she's wearing shorts. her hair is tied up and her face is flushed.

she's also carrying a duffel bag. did she just murder someone???

much to my surprise, the duffel bag had our uni's logo on it. so she's an athlete?

shaking that thought out of my head, she pulls a blanket out of her duffel bag, chugging down the rest of the water she had in her bottle.

she then takes out a textbook and once again, goes back to reading.

what an interesting little thing she is. i wonder if she has friends. i wonder what she majors in. i wonder why she comes here at 3 am instead of sleeping or partying.

i'm so unbelievably curious about this girl. she's making me go insane.

3:20 am

"hey!" she says softly.

i look up, running my hand through my hair. she's standing right in front of the counter. that's a first.

"hm?"

"could i have uhh- just a croissant please" she smiles sweetly.

"oh! yah of course"

i go to heat up a croissant before handing it to her. she hands me $6. which is more than needed for the croissant.

i go to give her change back.

"keep it. for the latte foam art" she says before walking back to her seat.

4:30 am

she leaves.