day 4

(daxton's pov)

i'm actually determined to learn her name. it's kind of hard telling my friends about "coffee girl that comes at 3am and doesn't talk to me." and it's be easier if i knew her name.

2:50 am

this time, i decide to set her coffee on the table before she shows up. i decide on a foam rose today.

3:00 am

right on cue, she walks through the door, and sits down at her regular table. i try not to watch but i can't help it as she looks at the coffee cup already on the table.

she looks back up at me- and as soon as she does, i look away, pretending to clean the countertop:

she settles down and opens her laptop, opening something a file and typing away, occasionally sipping her coffee.

i've decided to ask her her name, seeing as that'd be the best way to go about it. but wouldn't that also be weird, maybe it'd scare her off.

"hey, what's your name?"
"yo- tell me your name?"
"howdy partner, what's your name"

bleh, gross. okay so maybe not today. another day. i will figure out who she is and why she comes into this cafe at 3 am everyday.

i grab my phone and scroll through my playlist. my phone's connected to the speakers and so it allows me to play my kind of music. of course, me being the dumbass i am, accidentally click on a song.

of course, it had to be a loud all time low song. i jump as it starts blaring through the speakers, quickly i change it to an arctic monkey's song, lowering the volume as well.

i hear a giggle and look up. she's staring at me. i clear my throat awkwardly.

"uhh, sorry" i say, rubbing my hand over the back of my neck. she just smiles and shakes her head, before looking back down at her paper.

4:30 am

she leaves. she leaves a note.

you have good taste in music barista boy :)