day 1

(daxton's pov)

i stare at the coffee in front of me- mixing it around with the tiny coffee spoon.

2:58 am the clock read

why i decided to pick up the night shifts at a college cafe? lord knows.

nothing interesting ever happens, and it's on the far side of campus, most people just prefer to walk to the starbucks. no hate though- i still get paid by the hour either way.

ding- 3:00 am

i jump at the sound, surprised to look up at see a short girl. she was carrying a large textbook and laptop, huffing as she sat down in one of the chairs. i'd be lying if i said i didn't find her attractive, but by the looks of it, she looks distressed.

i realize i'm staring, not entirely sure what to do. normally they'd come up and order coffee. instead- she walks in, sits down, and gets busy studying. i smile at her determination, she didn't even notice me.

i decide not to bother her, but rather walk into the back to leave her alone. awkwardly sitting out there was not something i was too keen on doing at the moment.

3:40 am the clock read

i definitely dozed off a little bit, but glancing at the clock,  i'd assume the girl left by now. i walk out to the desk. i assumed wrong.

there she was, highlighting some text in her book and taking notes on her laptop. i decide to muster up the courage and ask if she wanted anything.

"do you want anything to drink, or eat maybe?" i say politely

i realized i had startled her, as she slightly jumped.

"oh! i'm sorry. uhm- actually that would be great, i'll take a latte please" she smiles.

pretty voice, i think. i nod, smiling back, before walking to make her drink.

i make her latte- deciding to make a little foam flower.

smiling at my own work, i walk out and hand it to her. she smiles greatfully, but doesn't say anything else. i take that as my cue to leave.