| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11: ᴀ ɢɪꜰᴛ! |

« ¿Wₕₐₜ gᵢfₜ? »

____________________________________________________________________________

After for what seemed like an eternity before Blitzo begrudgingly lets you off just for the day, you finally drove yourself off to where your shared apartment is at and exit your vehicle. Loona offered to tag along with you back at the office, but you politely declined it.

Upon arriving at the building, you soon made your way inside and went straight to your apartment's floor by the elevator. It didn't take you long before you're finally there and walked through the empty hallway.

This building was never the type to be crowded, nor does it have many people living within it. So it has always been easy for you to stroll across its corridors without ever accidentally bumping into anyone.

Or so you thought...

"Ah– sorry, sorry..!"

You rapidly apologized, bowing your head slightly and excused yourself. For a while, you heard someone curtly release a huff and grumbled some words you didn't quite understand but you were sure as hell that they didn't sound happy about the inconvenience.

Still not looking up to meet their eyes, you only heard them click their tongue in what you could describe as annoyance and shifted around, now seeing a pair of boots facing towards yours in front of you.

Not only that, but you could also hear something rattling.

"Yeah, yeah, shorty... Ya done dawdlin' around?"

A deep yet voice husky voice reaches both of your ears, causing you to perk up but still avoided eye contact.

"Eyes right here, darlin' "

As soon as they said that, you hear the rattling once again but this time with a hiss, similar from a snake.

Releasing a somewhat quivering sigh, you turn to look up, now meeting a pair of penetrating bright yellow eyes with green rings, staring right back at you. He was looking down on you, so his height towers over you. Though, you didn't waver under his gaze. Not in one bit.

You couldn't see his face fully though, noticing that a bandana is neatly wrapped around the lower part of his face. But looking closely, you notice he happens to have a pale red-ish skin. And also has horns that're similar from both Blitzo and Moxxie's, though, his are more ragged.

As if befuddled by the time he met your gaze, you thought you saw one of his eyes twitch for a moment. Even so, you couldn't tell if he was either dazed or disoriented, you aren't sure why his reaction was like that to begin with.

"I'll let ye off this time..."

He grimaces then a smirk eventually forms behind his mask presumably, as he passes by your smaller figure, hearing him cackle in amusement. "Yer lucky to have stumbled upon me instead, dear." He adds, not even daring to look back at you as he takes his leave.

As you were about to move on ahead, you suddenly felt a long rattling tail brush up against your leg while the sounds of footsteps proceed towards the opposite direction, followed by laughter.

The cold yet unnerving contact never failed to send shivers crawl up your spine. He must've caught your reaction since you heard him snicker loudly with pure amusement.