16: Someone will remember

It is as if the universe is playing with you.

As if Miran knows Jimin's brother likes you more than her so when she walks into the room the next time you see her and the guys flock around her, she tries to brush them off to offer you a sweet smile.

But it isn't sweet.

She smiles but her eyes are far from sweet.

She's playing with your feelings, silently telling you that they are hers and you have no chance.

And although you want to say you are calm and composed as the person who stands there, acting as if you can't see the eight of them, your heart says otherwise as it bleeds slowly and bitterly.

You want to leave the room.

You want to gag, to throw up.

To cry.

But you're great at hiding your feelings especially under the mask that hides your face.

They don't know a thing.

You don't want to care.

After all, Miran is sweet. A sweet, kind girl who just happens to love what should be yours. Because you know it isn't hard not to love them.

Yet it's harder to know it isn't you they love anymore.

You are the only one we love.

Their last parting words repeats in your head.

.

.

.

1780:34:11

1780 hours left. 34 minutes. 11 seconds.

3 months left.

Miran doesn't like animals but you on the other hand adore them with all your heart.

"Here, use them on your day off with your friends," Namjoon says and you blink in confusion.

"First of all, I don't have any friends, and second of all, I'm not getting a day off. I don't need a day off." You need all the time you can get around them, there was no way you'd ever take a day off. After all, shields never gets days off and you aren't going to let that cycle die any time soon. "Aren't there like, nine tickets? Why can't you just go without Miran and enjoy a day together?" You ask and he sighs.

"Exactly, there are nine. One ticket will go unused."

"Then invite Kai," you simply state. "I'm sure a boy like him are fascinated in whatever this zoo you're speaking of."

He only looks at you with curiosity. "What kind of world are you from, Y/N? To not even know what a zoo is."

A world where you are from, you want to say but you simply smile and say, "A world where things are entirely different from here." Including whom you love.

Namjoon nods though you can tell he's still confused. The man doesn't push another question as he begins striding away and you go on to follow. "You free this afternoon?"

"Am I?"

He chuckles. "Yes. Yes you are."

.

.

.

They don't openly show their love for one another, only keeping things private even in the eyes of you. But you know that deep down the seven of them care a lot about each other.

There aren't a lot of things that differentiates them from the Lords you know. Their personalities are still there, they're still the same Lords you once fell in love with. The only difference is that they love another girl who is entirely different from you.

It hurts but what are you supposed to do?

"Noona, we're here! Which animals do you want to see first?!"

Kai's already dragging you around before you can say anything so when you turn around to check in with the guys, Jimin only shrugs and you smile, knowing it was fine to let Kai lead the way.

"I like big animals like lions and tigers."

Kai lets out an excited gasp. "See I knew you were better than Miran noona! Let's go, let's go!"

You smile proudly at yourself and was almost hoping Miran could hear that but you try to not let it get to you as Kai drags you away once more.

There are so many animals to see and as the nine of you approaches all sorts of animals, you're squealing in excitement along with Kai and begin to forget about the duty you have.

It's easy to forget about the tough things in life when joy and happiness finds you in the most rarest place. You never thought looking at animals alone was enough to have your energy bursting all around but it is fascinating especially with the guys and Kai around.

Hoseok is a little terrified of some animals and you almost forget your manners and burst out laughing because the Lord Hoseok you know is friends with the three headed dog, Cerberus. But you only stifle your laugh and he sends you a glare. The man is cute when he lets his guard down.

"Do you think animals holds the memories forgotten from humans?" You ask Jimin and Jungkook while you hold the small lion cub in your arms, barely even terrified as they surround you, petting the small animal. Kai had to leave for the wash room so Seokjin and Namjoon went along with him and because Hoseok and Yoongi weren't necessarily fond of holding lion cubs, Taehyung stayed with them.

"Do you think animals ever forget someone?"

You ask because you know that when you fail the mission, everyone will forget about you. But you wonder whether Cerberus will still hold the memories of you. You wonder if they will also forget about you or if they will remain holding the only memories they have of you while everyone else forgets. Will they be the only ones to remember while no one else knows of your existence?

"Dogs have great long term memories," Jimin tells you. "They can remember hand signals and words for their lifetimes."

"Whoa, really?"

He chuckles a little at your enthusiasm while Jungkook adds, "But elephants and dolphins holds the longest memories."

"Then I should really become friends with them, huh?"

"Why?"

"Because if I am forgotten by the people that once knew me, then there is still hope if the animals still remembers," you say as you lean in close so that the cub's nose hits yours and the two of you settle in butterfly kisses. "At least then I know I won't be forgotten forever. At least someone will remember, right?"

The cub lets out a cute roar and you giggle, oblivious to the fact that Jimin and Jungkook's eyes are no longer focused on the cub anymore, but on you as they wonder why your eyes are a little distant.

There is a story you hold deep within your heart. An explanation as to why you hide your face, why you fight so well, why you aren't afraid of death.

And for that moment alone with you in between them, they wish to know the story if even a little.