46.

I walk into the pitch black bedroom, the only light shining is coming from Rafe's phone.

"Look at this." He says when I sit on the edge of the bed.

"What is it?" I ask.

"A house."

"A house? Why am I looking at it." I laugh.

"It's in Outer Banks." He says.

"Oh. Nice." I say.

"Maybe we should get it." He says.

"What!" I laugh. "You want us to live together?"

"Why is that so funny?"

"Because that is just not you." I say.

"People change." He shrugs.

"Well I can't afford to live in a house like that. I can hardly afford to live in my own house and it's falling apart." I say.

"You wouldn't have to worry about anything." He says. "I just think it would be nice to have our own privacy."

It is true. We don't get much privacy, at my house either Kie or everybody is there, and he doesn't like most of the people living in his own house.

"It's something to think about I guess." I say. "Kie definitely wouldn't like it, even though she's living at my house."

"She will get over it. You have to move on with your life at some point." He says.

"I guess." I shrug.

I cover myself up and try to calm myself down. My insides are going crazy at the thought of Rafe suggesting living together. It is super early into the relationship but that's a risk I'm willing to take with him. I really do love him and I want a future with him.

"We can talk more about it tomorrow, I'm really tired." I say.

"Okay." He says. He lays his phone on the night stand and rolls over to cuddle into me.

"Goodnight." I whisper.

"Goodnight." He says.

I shut my eyes and try to imagine what it would be like to live with Rafe. It would be so nice to have our own place for privacy, but I know the guys wouldn't like the idea so much. I can already hear them telling me that I'm turning into a kook.

*** The next morning ***

"All ready to go?" Mom asks.

"Yeah. I took some of the clothes that was up in my room, I hope that's okay. I'm running out of decent clothes and I can't afford to buy anything new right now." I say.

"That's fine, you can take whatever you need. How about food? We have lots to spare."

"I think I'm good. Thanks though." I say.

"Well have a safe trip home. We would love it if you could give us a call when you get to Outer Banks, just to know you got home safe." Mom says.

"I can do that." I nod.

"Thanks." She smiles.

"Cassie, come here for a minute." Dad calls and leads me into the kitchen.

"Your mother and I wanted to give you this." He says as he pulls an envelope out of his pocket. "There's five hundred dollars in here."

"No dad, I can't take your money." I say.

"Cassie please. It would make your mother happy if you took it. She really wants to help you out."