Part 8

Jimin's POV

"Park Jihee! Put Hyun down right now before I let him know where all your figurine collections are!" Scolding the girl, she stopped her extreme theme park act for Hyun immediately, but still held the cackling boy up high with her arms straight up to the ceiling.

"Gosh, oppa. Really?" She threw unamused look towards me after my threat, and I raised one eyebrow at her, challenging the girl to continue her actions.

"I'll personally walk Hyun and tell him how to open the door to your collection room. Try me," Threatening more, it seemed to work now because she knew how bright the little boy in her arms was.

Hyun would remember the passcode after one time telling.

That's a widely known fact.

"Sheesh, you got no jams," she pouted, and brought Hyun to me who's now just starting on my cooking for our dinner.

"You'll be the same when you have your own child. The jams are all theirs, especially Nutella" not bothered by her insult, I continued chopping off the vegetables to bite-size while the two watched.

Seeing how bored they looked as both of them just looked at me, I rolled my eyes and decided to let them go.

"Go buy ice cream with Hyun at the mart down the road," giving some money to the girl, both of them sat up straight upon hearing my words.

"I want to go to the park," the little one was quick to suggest, pleading with his doe eyes to his auntie and me, and Jihee threw an exaggerated puppy eyes to me as well.

"Can we?" She batted her eyelashes at me, that Hyun copied cutely right away, and I let out a laugh at these two's antics.

"It should be fine. I'll call you to come home when I'm done cooking," giving permission, those puppy eyes immediately disappeared replaced with bright smiles on both faces, and I just sighed in content.

Jihee was a brat when she was little, but I guess her childishness really helped me in babysitting Hyun.

"Alright, you heard your mama, buddy. Let's go!"

"Thank you, mama" my son didn't forget to say his thanks making me cooed at his cute bright smile, and I decided to leave the kitchen and helped him get ready.

"Be careful, okay. Always hold Auntie Jihee's hand when crossing the road, I don't want you to get injured, can you promise me?" Crouching down to his level, I cupped his face with both my palms, and nuzzled his nose after pecking his forehead.

"I promise," he muttered with his squished cheeks, and I squealed slightly because  I swore that my son was the cutest baby in the world right now.

"Have fun!" Waving the boy as he disappeared behind the closing door, I focused back on my cooking that I had learnt to do as soon as I knew I carried a baby inside me.

I was a novice, a very amateur cook, so I learnt the basics immediately after knowing that I was going to be taking care of a growing baby in my life in the future.

And now, with Hyun officially turning three years old today, I could say that I was not a really bad cook like I was before.

Doing everything at my own pace, I made sure that everything was ready for our little family dinner.

Checking the last dish as I waited for the delivery of Hyun's favorite meal, my phone rang, and I answered after checking the caller.

"You can come home now -"

"Hello, are you the phone owner's family?" a foreign voice cut me off, making me paused my sentence.

"Who's this?" Questioning the male who was definitely not Jihee, I felt uneasy immediately at the tone he used.

"I'm involved in an accident with your family. We are now on our way to the hospital. I am following them inside the ambulance," hearing the news, I felt my blood ran cold.

"How are they?" Managing to utter the question, I paced around the kitchen making sure everything was turned off before exiting the space quickly.

"The boy has a few scratches, but the lady is unconscious at the moment, I can't say much," the guy informed curt, making me focused on the background sound through the call.

Hyun was crying.

"Can I speak to my son, please?" Pausing my movements in searching for my car keys, I heard ruffles from the other line before I heard the heart wrenching sobs of my son.

"M-mamaaaa," the boy cried into the phone, and my heart was racing with worry for the two of them.

Feeling the urgency to be with my family, I continued my search and was grateful for the fact that I have a habit of leaving my keys at the same place everyday, making it easy for me to find it.

"Hyun baby, mama's here. I'm coming to you, okay?" Comforting my son through the call, Hyun was heard sobbing a few more times before he tried to speak, and I did my hardest to understand his words.

"Mama, Auntie Jihee got hurt because - because I run to catch kitty," he spoke, and I felt my heart dropped a bit at the info.

My goodness.

I hope Jihee's okay.

"It's okay, baby. Auntie Jihee is a strong girl, she's just resting for a while, so you have to be a big boy and take care of her until I come, okay?" Trying not to show my worry for my sister to my son, I acted calm despite all the thoughts going on in my head.

"Mama come quick, pleaseee," he sobbed sadly making me felt tears pricking my own eyes, but I'm not going to cry now.

The most important is to reach the hospital safely, with a composed mind.

You can do it, Jimin.

"I'm on my way, baby. Don't cry. Mama will be there soon, I promise,"