Epilogue

𝐑 𝐎 𝐒 𝐀 𝐋 𝐈 𝐄 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫...

The atmosphere around us is electric. The fans in the arena stomp their feet against the bleachers and clap their hands or tap them against the plexiglass. Not one seat in the arena is empty as the frozen four brings in a big crowd of students and locals who enjoy college ice hockey from both Boston and the hometown of the opposing team.

The players skate on the ice for the last time this season as both teams are eager to win the coveted frozen four.

Fifteen minutes remain of the game and so far, it's neck and neck. It's anybody's game. The entire season has led up to this moment, and neither team is letting the chance to be the frozen four winners slip through their fingers. With the team winning the remaining games a few months ago, they are now playing against Michigan in the frozen four.

Cara's hand squeezes my arm as Miles gets body checked into the side and we all wince. He shakes it off and stands up before skating off and her grip relaxes. Since Cara and Miles got back together, their relationship has been much stronger this time around.

"Asshole." Cara comments as the guy who checked Miles skates past and Octavia snickers before making a joke of how she's turning into one of the hockey girlfriends who shouts the entire game.

"Are they always like this?" Roman's mom leans closer from where she sits at my other side, referring to Cara and Octavia's trash talking of the other team, and I nod my head.

"Thankfully, that part of being the girlfriend of an ice hockey player hasn't rubbed off on me," I joke and the girls glare at me.

Having been to the rest of Roman's games since we started dating and up to the frozen four, I got a front row seat to watch Cara do exactly what Octavia does. It reminded me to not be like that. After all, someone has to keep them from getting thrown in jail or in a fight with fans of the opposing side.

"There's always time. After all, with Roman being captain next year, it could rub off on you." Naomi shrugs.

After the coach and Atlas, the current captain, called Roman in for a talk, the coach offered Roman the captain position as Atlas graduates this year. Immediately accepting, he was ecstatic but also knew how much pressure comes with being the captain, which is why he backed out of the internship position for senior year.

Roman and I are finishing the internship this year together, but come senior year, I will be the only intern on the professor's research project that has great potential and can open so many doors for me.

Until then, Cara and I will be living up the sun and beach life in California as she is coming to spend the summer with my family and me. It took a lot of convincing, but she finally agreed. Alongside her, everyone else has already planned to come down during the summer. Roman and Miles for three weeks and Octavia and Isaiah for two weeks they can.

Octavia secured a fashion internship in New York for the summer, and they set her up in an apartment. Isaiah will be staying in with her as he has no plans for the summer aside from seeing his family. Roman will be staying in Boston with his family and continuing to teach the kids over the summer. Miles will also be spending time with his family over the summer.

"They'd never let me hear the end of it if I did," I say, and the girl's nod in agreement. "They already make fun of the fact I'm one of the ice hockey girlfriends who wear their boyfriends' jerseys." I tug on Roman's jersey that covers my body.

"It means a lot to him that you do." Roman's mom wraps her arm around my shoulder, and I smile. The buzzer sounds and we all look seeing a player from our team on the ice with the ref calling a penalty for our side. With five seconds left on the timer, and the teams tied, this penalty will determine which team will be the champions.