•𝑅𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛•

Aileen pov

"Is everything ok? " Ree ask concern in her eyes. I walk over to the couch sitting next to her placing the letter in her hands. "Should I go?"

Not knowing the anwser myself. I do really miss her but I feel like seeing them happy together would just destroy me even more and make the reality sink in even deeper. "I really don't know, do you want to go?" "

I sat there my mind racing. "Maybe I should go it'll be like a last goodbye before I go on a hunt for a new job and then have a fresh start." I sink deeper into my seat.

"If that's what you wanna do, I'll support you all the way." She flashes a small smile speaking many words. I return the smile before pulling her into a warm hug.

I pull away, "Do you still want soup, I can warm it up for you? "Ree ask eyeing the cold bowls filled with aged soup , sitting there on the coffe table.

"I'm not really in the mood for soup anymore, sorry. " I say feeling bad for not eating her nice offering. "Same, what about pizza?" I nod in agreement and dial the number into my phone.

___________________________________

3 days before the practice wedding

"Now tell me why exactly are we dress shopping,  it's not even that formal?" Ree glances at me her eyes filled with confusion. "I at least need to look like a bad bitch before–" I pause mid sentence . My eyes spot a unreal dress on a maniquine in the glass window of a boutique.

"Um hello earth to Aileen!" Ree exclaims waving her hand in front of my face. "Oh yeah um.. sorry let's go." I say strutting towards the boutique. Ree hot on my heals trying to not fall behind.

I fit on the form fitting emarlard green dress already obsessed with it.The satin hugging my body in all the right places and a high slit reavilng my toned legs. "Wow, you look amazing! " Ree stares in awe. "I feel amazing, I'm gong to blow her away litterly and figuratively. " I say snapping my fingers.

Ree looks at me with a puzzled expression "Whatever that means."

________________________________

The day of the practice wedding

Narrator pov

[A/N I recommend playing The beach by The Neighborhood ]

Aileen starts her engine and make her way to the venue.

⚠︎Tw // Mentions of abuse⚠︎

Ugh why am I doing this she's probably just going to apologize and say that she can't change the past and that I just have to accept that I was a distraction nothing more.

I shouldn't have fallen this fast my heart has really took a knock with this. I should've just kept to myself and bury my feeling like I did in the past.

I didn't open up easily and didn't put my feelings at risk for anything it's just beter that way. No rather not. I was different person back then until Ree helped me escape my toxic state of  mind and made me realize that its not healthy.

That's why she's always adement to hear my feelings because I  never use to talk about my feelings to anyone or anything including her and she helped me see the world in a different lens.

[A/N I recommend playing Daddy issues slowed by the neighborhood ]

She also recommended me a therapist, which I wasn't keen on in the begging but later realized I probably should talk to someone professional about my fucked up childhood.